Vol. 1, Chapter 2 - Where He Has Been

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

We left the classroom and made our way to the rooftop. I would have opted for the special building, but I didn't want to deal with heat. Besides, seeing as how there were now cameras there, it's only right of me to be wary of Tsukushiro eavesdropping in on our conversation.

Between the rooftop and special building, the rooftop is at least not an enclosed area. Sound would be more difficult to pick up due to the open space, as long as we keep our distance from the camera, and not speak too loud.

Tsukishiro would most definitely become very vigilant at the site of the two of us together, but at the very least, he won't hear our conversation.

Arriving at the rooftop, we picked a spot far enough for the camera. We sat down and brought out our lunches, and started eating. The fresh, open air honestly made it better. As we were eating, Karma broke the silence.

"So, you must be wondering about some things right?"

"Took the words right out of my mouth." I replied.

"Hahaha well it was obvious. Anyway I don't mind talking, but it's a very long story."

"I don't mind as long as you go over what happened."

"Right then. Let's see. Where do I begin?"

Karma paused for a moment, before resuming.

"I suppose I'll begin with how I got out of the White Room in the first place."

"I heard that the transport vehicle and the escorts were intercepted by an assassin."

"Two assassins actually. Despite having the advantage in numbers, the escorts were overwhelmed. They didn't even see them coming. From my understanding, those guys were highly trained professionals, and are used to doing dangerous assassination jobs like that one.

From what I could tell, the one who sent them must have some sort of agenda against the White Room, most especially your father. Other than that, I have no other information on our assailants, and I honestly didn't care all too much. They left me alone, because I was a child, and because I'm not on the hit list.

By the time they left, the Japanese Military arrived. An anonymous source tipped them off, and I was taken in. I refused to tell them any further about the White Room, since I don't necessarily hold any grudges against it, though I at least told them what just happened.

I was then put under a protection program, and was taken in to a family with close ties to the government. Some time after, I got to enroll in Kunugigaoka Junior High.

From what I'm gonna tell you here onwards probably sound like something out of a manga or anime, but trust me, everything I'll tell you is the truth.

Although, I do have one condition if I'm gonna keep talking, since a lot of what I'm gonna say is highly classified, and not many people know about it. The government even had to cover up the whole truth."

This was unexpected. From what he's saying, it seems he got involved in something big.

"Alright. What are your conditions?" I asked him.

"First, please keep quiet about this. What's been seen on the media is just a cover up. The only ones who know the full story are myself, the people from our class, our teachers, and the government. If word gets out, it could place a target on your back."

"I already have target on my back, but I understand. What are your other conditions?"

I already knew what his other condition is, but I asked anyway. Looked at me, widening his grin. Then, he spoke.