Nirasha

NIRASHA: loss of hope, deep sadness

"So, you feel that they have something more than a friendship?" Ishika inquired after making me hold for a minute as she was attending to a customer.

"Yeah... it seems like that," I muttered brushing off the dust from the bookshelf. I had forced myself to clean the study room.

"Are you sad with the conclusion?" She inquired further and that was another reason I wanted to have a conversation with Ishika. She would ask me the question, I needed to ask myself.

"I don't know..." I shook my head placing the book back in its place. "It would have been better if I was either happy or sad but I am just neutral." I wasn't able to narrate things happening with my heart. "Maybe I just worried..." I turned away from the bookshelf walking towards the nearest window. "I don't want to be a hurdle if there is anything but I don't want to deprive Aarush of the love he had got used to."

"Don't tell me you're planning to allow that woman to get between you two?" Her voice was extra loud maybe grabbing the attention of her customer. "You can't be doing that thing with yourself or Aarush, Aru." She sounded stern as if scolding me for unappropriated thoughts.

"Ishu, I can't be more selfish." I shook my head. "I had taken advantage of his kindness, his nice nature. I can't deprive him of love due to my need." I stared at the beautiful open sky before me. The sun settling and giving way to the moon. "I can take care of my son and I don't want to..." I was interrupted by a loud growl making me turn myself towards the source in horror.

My eyes met with a set of brown orbs. The grimness covered his spirit. A sudden wish of glancing at the free-spirited Yash around Yukta knocked my heart. I was amazed by my desire. He took long strikes towards me, his orbs radiating rage. He was furious, had he listened to the conversation?

"Aru, are you there?" Ishika sounded concerned when I didn't respond for a minute but before I could answer her the cell was snatched from my hand.

"Ishika..." His voice was deep, low dangerous making me stare at the floor beneath us. "I need to have a conversation with my wife..." I jerked my head up. Him calling me his wife was something new. My eyes widen in surprise but his orbs were trained on me with fury. "I hope you don't mind..." it was a demand and soon he hung the call not for once listening to the response on the other hand.

"So," he took another step towards me. "What were you having a conversation about?" His piercing orbs burned a hole into my soul. I gulped seeing him burning in anger. It wasn't like I wasn't aware of his temper. Often he had yelled at his employee for the smallest mistake but that side of his was hidden from his family. Never had he lost his patience on Aarush or me.

I took a step backwards getting intimidated by his fury. "Hadn't I voiced it enough?" He interrogated getting an inch closer to me, erasing the gap I had succeeded to plant. "Hadn't I uttered, Aarush or you could never be a burden to me." His voice was low yet had the rage overpowering him.

My back banged with the window frame making me locked between the wall and Yash. His hands slowly reached towards my cheek. "Four years Aarohi..." his face was emotionless while his eyes depicted misery. "And still you can't accept me a part of the family, a part of our family..." he paused for a minute closing his eyes in defeat as emotions were having control over him. "Is it that difficult to accept me?" And those words indicated that he was shattered from within. His hands crumbled into a ball before they could touch my cheek.

He opened his eyes those orbs staring at me with coldness. He took a step back from me. "If you want no connection involved with me I don't give a damn." He paused and stared straight into my orbs. "But don't you dare to distant my son from me, I won't ever forgive you for it." And with that as a warning, he soon walked away from the room leaving me alone to process what took place a minute back.