Chapter 15

Hey all, first of all I want to apologize for not uploading sooner but I've been so busy :( Any how I really hope this chapter makes up for it!

Mel xoxo

Chapter 15

"Well I couldn't have been more wrong. As he was not only cheating on me for god knows how long but he dumped me and married the other girl last month. Do you know he didn't even have the decency to dump me face to face. The coward had to do it by a text." Saying it out loud, I thought it would've hurt but it didn't. It actually felt good to get it off my chest.

  Taking in a deep breath I carried on. "If that wasn't bad enough at the time I also found out that ....I....I "I knew what I had, no, what I wanted to say but the words just wouldn't come out. I went to stand up but Joshua held me closer to his chest as if he knew I was going to run. "Isabella whatever it is you have to tell me can't be that bad. Truthfully nothing in this world could make me run from you."

 "I'm pregnant." I shouted out cutting him off because I couldn't hear any more of his sweet reassuring words knowing that he wouldn't be able to keep them. The silence wasn't something I expected, screaming, yelling running anything but silence.

 I waited for him to shove me off his lap but he didn't. I then waited for him to say something but he didn't. As much as I didn't really want to face him, I could no longer not know what he was thinking. Turning so I could get a better look at his face, I was shocked to see him just sitting there looking at me as if I hadn't just told him that I was pregnant with another man's baby. Not knowing what to say I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Joshua this is when you are supposed to run." However, Joshua just sat there smiling whilst staring at me with a look of amazement. His face had my body humming but the silence on the other hand had me still feeling uneasy.

 "Is that all?" he asked raising his eyebrows. "Isn't that enough?" I questioned feeling shocked plus slightly angry. Why I was angry I hadn't a clue but I guess it was because he was making it sound that me being pregnant was nothing while to me it was massive.   "Well Isabella if that's the big thing you have been so worried about telling me then no I won't be running. For one I think that that Jaxon fellow is a prat and a fool for leaving you and secondly why would I run just because you're pregnant?  To me the way I see it, I'm lucky because that means I'll have more of you." More of me, I questioned mentally.

I scrunched my face up wondering what he meant. "Oh Isabella...ha ha....these feelings I hold for you are way deeper than you know. When your belly is swollen I will have more of you to cuddle and the excitement of you bringing something so precious into this world....Well it's just truly amazing. Yes I would be lying if I didn't say I wished it was mine but truthfully knowing it's a part of you is enough for me. " The sincerity in his words had me staring at him as if I was dreaming.  I pinched my arm and yelped.

 WOW I wasn't dreaming. This was real. Joshua was one hundred percent here and real.  His phone started ringing and as much as I wanted him to ignore it, I also wanted him to answer it just so I could leave him so he had some time to think this over more. Looking at his screen he mumbled a few curse words before excusing himself. As he made his way over to the window, I made my way to the door so he could have some privacy. As I opened the door Lisa and Elle were leaning against the wall. The looks on their faces told me they too were expecting the worst and just knowing they were here waiting for me meant more than they will ever know.

"Well how did it go?" Elle asked nervously. "He hasn't ran so that has to mean something no?" Lisa quickly questioned smiling.  

Then as if everything that happened only moments ago was just a picture of my imagination Joshua came running out of the room flying right past us. Without a word Lisa Elle and I watched in horror as Joshua took the stairs two at a time until he ran out the door slamming the door behind him. I stood at the top of the stairs frozen. With my mouth agape I wanted to ask what the hell just happened but looking either side of me I could tell Lisa and Elle were as shocked as me.

 "He said......he said he was happy that nothing mattered. He...he... said he wasn't going to run....but .." Lisa was the first to hug me before she spoke up. "Hey shush don't think too much into it Isabella. Come on let's get you home." Not able to find any words right now I just followed her back into the room I was just in with Joshua.  My heart smashed into what felt like a million pieces. Oh God what did I ever do to deserve this, Why me... why? With feeling so lost and hollow and no more tears to cry I just followed the girls as if I was a robot just following their shadows.

Later that night Lisa and Elle took me out to dinner at a local restaurant. The three of us hadn't spoken much since we returned home and even now in the restaurant it was as if none of us knew what to say.  Even Elle the mouthy one of us had remained speechless which made everything all the more awkward. The doorbell above the restaurants door rang and all three of us stared to the door. My heart stopped and Lisa and Elle were on their feet screaming all kind of enmities at the one and only Jaxon. I couldn't believe out of all nights he had to choose, he chooses tonight to come here.

 The waitresses were trying desperately to calm them all down but all I could do was sit and watch as Elle Lisa and Jaxon argued. I could see Elle was ready to let rip on him and as much as I would've loved to have watch her take him out, I had had enough today and didn't want to add anymore hell to my hell of so called life. Standing up I managed to make it over to them just in time to stop Elle from going all out on his lying cheating butt.

 "Elle he's not worth it come on let's just go" I said feeling completely exhausted.  Elle looked at me and her raging face quickly soothed into a sorrowful expression. "You, you sol of a bitch, you haven't seen or heard the last of me yet but I will warn you now. Don't you ever and I mean ever come near Isabella again or I will be the least of your problems." And with that Elle swung around taking me along with her.

A loud slapping sound came from behind us making Elle and I stop on the spot. Turning around we were both gobsmacked to see Lisa literally slapping the hell out of Jaxon. I began laughing so loud that everyone was now staring at me but I didn't care.  Lisa stopped and turned to face me and the look on her face had me doubling over in laughter. I didn't know whether I was laughing because this was a first for the gentle Lisa or the shock of everything else setting in but I couldn't stop. Although I didn't feel that happy feeling that you get when you usually laugh, this felt as far from happy as you could possibly get but at the same time, I couldn't stop myself. It was as if I was finally going crazy. My last string of sanity had finally snapped leaving me ready for the looney bin.

 My head pounded the harder I laughed. Feeling dizzy and slightly light headed I fell to my knees still laughing. I could hear people talking, even my laughter felt distant. You know that out of body experience you hear people talking about well that's how I felt right at that moment. My body was now moving on its own account but it was as if I was watching on the side lines. Lisa and Elle were on either side and Jaxon was trying to get to me but was stopped by someone I had never seen before.

*******************************

OMG Joshua!!!

Why did he run?

and then Jaxon turns up. What do you think he wants?

Thanks for reading Mel xoxo

Please don't forget to vote/ comment if you like this chapter