Noble Island Nation, Seiren Kingdom

I'm so angry when I write this chapter, kekw

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 28, 2025

Prime Minister's Office, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, Japan

Three days after the Battle off Rovania, which broke out on December 25, the Prime Minister, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other senior officials of the nation had gathered to review the battle that had taken place.

"According to reports from the field, our human and physical damage is zero, along with that of our ally, the Rovania Kingdom. On the other hand, the damage on the enemy side was 321 out of 324 sailing warships sunk, 110 air force called dragon cavalry shot down, and nearly 100 survivors are being held by the SDF as prisoners of war."

General Harada, the Chief of the Joint Staff, explained the results of the battle to the cabinet members.

"However, it is estimated that we have consumed more than 100 billion yen in ammunition and fuel in this battle. Without securing iron ore resources, it will become increasingly difficult to conduct military operations in the future."

General Harada spoke of the grave concerns that would become obstacles to the survival of Japan. The Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Tatsuo Miyajima, heaved a deep sigh as he listened to his words.

It has already been four months since Japan's transference. As for oil resources, they are on the verge of mining in the Mugen Islands, the territory they annexed after the transference, and if all goes well, they will be able to gradually lift the rolling blackouts in ten months. In addition, the distribution of phosphate ore on the coast and copper ore, tin, and zinc near extinct volcanoes has been confirmed, and trial mining has been started for these as well. However, there was no way that the Mugen Islands alone could supply all the minerals, and in particular, securing deposits of iron ore, an essential resource for modern civilization, was an urgent issue.

"As for rare earths, the city mines can hold out for a while, but... as for iron, we can't even maintain civilization without a supply from outside. If we were to cross paths with the Altian Empire, even if we could get through with just the existing ammunition, how would we be able to sustain ourselves beyond that?"

PM Izumikawa wrinkled his brow deeply as he spoke. The ministers present were pondering the dire problem of the cut-off of the iron supply.

"Um... there is something very interesting in the information sent by the ambassador to the Ilamania Kingdom. It may be able to shed some light on the problem of iron supply."

"...!?"

Kosuke Minegishi, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, spoke to the troubled ministers. Everyone in the room was riveted by his words, as if he had been waiting for the right moment to say them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 28

Portley, capital of the Savant Kingdom, western part of Northaroia Island

At the same time, an incident was taking place on the Northaroia Island, far from the Japanese mainland. The Japanese Embassy was informed by the Savant Foreign Affairs Bureau that the exiled government of the Seiren Kingdom, based in Portley, the capital of the Savant Kingdom, one of the Five Kingdoms of Northaroia, wished to hold talks with the Japanese government. For this reason, Kazushige Tomita, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Savant Kingdom, was chosen to represent the Japanese government at the meeting.