Declaration of War Against Japan

December 25

Altian Empire fleet off the coast of Rovania Kingdom

In order to punish the barbarians of the Far East who rejected the Emperor's letter and forced the envoy to leave the country, 324 sailing warships and 110 dragon riders were dispatched from the Altian Empire to the Rovania Kingdom. In each ship's 'dragon cavalry hangar', there are dragon riders and mechanics working on the maintenance of the dragon cavalry in order to carry out the orders issued by the commander to launch the dragon riders. On this ship, the Ashur, a dragon rider was about to take off into the sky.

"Hurry up! Launch the dragon riders!"

The maintenance chief's orders echoed through the hangar. The crews were quickly preparing the dragon riders for launch.

"Armor good, fixation good, ready! We're ready to fly, Dorsa!"

"Ah! Sorry, Rambal! You're damn good!"

One of the dragon riders, Dorsa Latissimus, thanked his childhood friend and mechanic, Rambal Enlargement, and put his dragon rider helmet on his head. When the preparations were complete, Dorsa grasped the reins extending from the dragon's mouth and pointed the dragon's head toward the hangar door.

"Open the flight port!"

With the help of four mechanics, the dragon rider's flight port located at the starboard rear of the hull was opened. The other side was the enemy's waters, which were about to become a battlefield, and on the horizon, where the fleet was heading, sat a group of huge gray ships.

"Go, go, go!"

With the order of the chief mechanic, the five dragon riders on the warship Ashur flew up from the flight port one after another. And as the last one, Dorsa, flew up, Rambal gazed at it with a proud smile.

Every boy in this world dreams of being a 'dragon rider' at one time or another, and as an example, Dorsa and Rambal have been longing for the sight of them flying freely in the sky since they were children. Four years ago, they passed the difficult primary enlistment exam for the Altian Imperial Dragon Cavalry, and since then they have been spending their time training for the day when they will be deployed in actual combat.

However, during the course of his training, Rambal's eyesight was severely damaged due to a fever, and he was forced to resign from his training in mid-stride. Dorsa, who was painfully aware of his frustration, promised to give him the most credit in his first battle to avenge the loss of his best friend who had given up on his dream. Receiving his wish, Rambal turned into a mechanic and chose to support the dragon cavalry. And today, the day of Dorsa's first battle had finally arrived.

'Go ahead and go wild for me...! Let me dream!'

As the large wings flapped, Rambal's eyes caught a glimpse of his best friend's courage as he joined his friends who were already flying high in the sky. The 110 dragon riders, who should be described as the rulers of the sky, headed for the island inhabited by the hated barbarians.

December 28

Medical Bay, Escort Ship Izumo, Ogasawara Island waters

In an inorganic white space, a number of hospital beds are lined up. People in white coats were busily coming and going, treating the wounded lying on the beds. The wounded were all prisoners of war from the Altian Empire who had been thrown overboard from the ship in the Battle off Rovania, but had somehow survived. One of them was that young mechanic.

"...!!"

Rambal, who was watching off his best friend flying through the sky behind his eyelids, suddenly woke up. As he looked around, unable to comprehend the situation, he realized that he was lying on a blue-colored bed. When he looked at his body, he saw that there were white cloths wrapped all around him, like bandages.