Chapter Fifty

Sam Lewis.😒

Rolled up with several blankets, curled up like a ball in my bed.

That had been my position for a week now.

Since we got home from New Jersey, I hadn't stepped out of my room,or even out of my bed.
I hadn't been myself since.

I felt nothing other than emptiness,if I hadn't fallen asleep, I'd just be staring up the ceiling till sleep came again.

My aunt and uncle had tried reaching out to me but I would just ignore them and tell them to go away. They respected my decision to be alone but they were really worrying about my newly found routine.

It was day two of the second week and just like the past week, all I could feel was emptiness. The energy to even be stressed had worn off.

I stared up, pulling the blankets to my chin in attempt to go back to sleep.

The door spurt open all of a sudden, shaking me a little.

"Alright, that's it. You're getting out of your room today!"

The loud authoritative voice of my aunt announced.

I goggled my eyes, pulling the sheets up to engulf me completely.

Subitaneously, she ripped the sheets of me, exposing my shorts and tank top clad body to the early morning air.

"Out of the bed, now!"

"Leave me alone."I grumbled, pushing my face into the pillow.

"Of course I knew she'd say that? FYI I'm not leaving until you get your depressed ass out of this bed."

I sighed dejectedly. What was with her? Normally she wouldn't even care less.

"I'll be down to do the dishes and sweep and mop and do the laundry - whatever you say, just leave me alone right now, okay?"

"Nice try,dear. Now get up!"she commanded, snatching the pillow from beneath.

"Ooh can you let me be? I said I wanted to be alone!"I fought desperately as she tried to wriggle me out of the bed.

"And I was generous enough to give you one whole week and a day. You're welcome,"she sassed, throwing my blankets and pillows hysterically on the floor.

"Your white headed friend is here, wanting to see you and you can't be looking like this! Do you want her to sue me?"

I paused. Ivy! She was here?

"My friend is here?"

"Yes,at the living room. Now go get yourself cleaned and try looking human. You'd scare any other person with those bags under your eyes and your bird nest."

I huffed, falling down flat on the bed again.

"Argh! This is useless."

I heard her retreating footsteps following by the door banging close. Whew, great.

Minutes later, the door burst open again.

"Can't I have some peace in this world?"I mumbled.

"Well, well, well. See who's looking all cozy in bed."

My eyes batted wide open. "Ivy?"

She stood at the doorway, hands folded as she took in my appearance. Her lips were set in a grim line.

Eek... I got a lotta explanation to do.

"See, I can explain, I didn't want to bother you-"