In this line of work - Chapter 2

Steven woke up the next morning not feeling Marc close to him anymore. He groaned and looked down to see his ankle restraint back on.
He grumbled and rubbed his face before sitting up and loosening the restraint. He sat for a few seconds letting the dizziness fade before he swung his legs over the bed and headed out to the kitchen where he saw a small green cardboard box.

“What?” He muttered stumbling over and seeing a small yellow sticky note next to it.

‘Thought it might help warm you up this morning.’ He looked at the note in confusion before grabbing the green box and lifting it up to read what it said.

“British tea.” He muttered before the realisation hit him and he smiled.

“Oh! Bloody brilliant!” He shouted running to grab a pot, he quickly filled it up with water and placed it on the stove.
He couldn’t imagine what Marc did to get him this but he was beyond happy. It was simple but ever since he left London he had been craving a simple cup of tea.
He opened the pantry and found some power bars that Marc had left for him a week ago and decided that and some tea would be the closest thing he was getting to breakfast.

“I miss cereal.” He muttered grabbing the bar out and ripping it open.
He munched on it and waited for the water to boil as he prepared a cup and the tea bag.
He felt odd…alone.
Was he missing having company? Or was he missing Marc?
He shook himself from his thoughts and grabbed the water that had finally boiled and poured it into the prepared cup.
He thought for a moment before he grabbed the cup sneaking out the front door and sitting on the front step. It was harmless, he just wanted to have his breakfast in a different place.
He did miss having sun on his skin as well.
He sat on the front step with his tea in his hand and enjoyed the warm sun.
Steven could never help his mind wandering to Marc. What was he doing? Was he safe? Was he hurt?
He knew he shouldn’t keep questioning but Marc was all he had now, and he worried about him.
After Steven found out the truth about his mother, her not even being his real mother and that she was dead now, he clung to Marc after that. He was the only person he trusted and the only person he wanted around him at the end of the day.
He continued to sit outside until his tea was finished and he went back inside.
He stood and just stared at the room, he was beyond bored.
Suddenly he heard a noise at the door and began to panic, he grabbed the phone Marc had given him and ran into him room. He quickly rang Marc’s number and heard the front door swing open. He heard a phone ring and peaked his head out of his room to see it was Marc who was entering.

“Sorry buddy, should’ve let you know it was me.” Marc said as Steven suddenly ran forward and hugged Marc tightly, Marc was shocked and chuckled a little.

“Everything alright?” Marc asked wrapping his arms around Steven in return.

“Sorry, I think I was just really missing you today and feeling lonely.” Steven muttered as his grip on Marc tightened.
Marc didn’t mind Steven hugging him, it was a nice change to the pain he usually felt on a daily basis.

“Why are you home during the day?” Steven asked pulling away reluctantly.

“I got a lot sorted out last night and there wasn’t much to do today so Khonshu let me go earlier.” Marc explained before he pulled his backpack off and rested it on the couch.

“Now, I couldn’t get any books. But I did find an interesting stash of things.” Marc said grabbing his backpack and turning it upside down to empty out all of the contents.
Steven saw three big green paper bags fall out, he picked one up and read it.