Chapter 6 | planning

She really wanted a way to get Adrien out of the situation he was in. But she also wanted Emilie back. Nathalie was stuck between a rock and a hard place, either option had its consequences.

If she turned against Gabriel for Adrien he'd just start treating her the same way he treats his son.

If she stayed on Gabriel's side it'd hurt Adrien even more. And the city as well, with all the akuma attacks.

She was never acting as Mayura for Gabriel's sake. It was purely just because she wanted her love back, even if she couldn't have her to herself. Having Emilie back was enough, and would be good for Adrien to have his mother back too. But then of course, she got sick. So he couldn't be Mayura anymore even if she wanted to.

How can she bring Emilie back while also keeping Adrien away from his father? Not to mention ladybug and cat noir were kids... she didn't want to hurt them. She had in the past, and regretted it immensely. If only she could somehow talk to them about everything... Make some sort of deal with them.

Actually... that might be worth a shot. Even if they don't trust her she can at least explain hawkmoth intentions to them, which would help them get closer to finding him and stopping this mess altogether. She couldn't let Gabriel know of course, and how would she even be able to contact them?

She'd spent many nights like this one lying awake wondering what to do about the situation. And now she was closer than ever with Adrien her urge to try and fix things for him was even stronger. As she lay in bed, not able to sleep because of all the thoughts racing through her mind she noticed two figures zip past the window. Ladybug and Cat Noir out on patrol.

It may be a stupid idea, but she had one. She was sick of waiting on something to happen, she had to take matters into her own hands. Getting up and quietly sneaking through the halls of the house as to not wake anyone up, she snuck into the office and keyed in the code to unlock the safe behind the painting of Emilie. Since she was in on the whole villain thing up until now, she knew all the right moves to make to not set off any alarms or cameras so she could take the peacock miraculous with ease.

She looked down at it, the very thing that made her this sick. It wasn't broken anymore so it wouldn't make her worse, but using this much power could make her worse... she contemplated for a moment, but decided that figuring out a way to keep Adrien safe was more important than her health right now. So taking the miraculous, she was out of the window and transformed in seconds. She could already feel the stain the power was putting on her body, but she had to try and pull through.

She followed the trail that Cat and Bug usually took on their patrols until she spotted them talking on one of the rooftops. She looked down at them from the satellite dish she stood on and worked up her courage.

"Ladybug, Cat Noir" she spoke up.

The immediately jumped and turned to face her, and when they saw who it was they were ready to fight taking their weapons out.

"WAIT- before you fight me please just let me talk! It's about hawkmoth" she jumped in.

They didn't lower their weapons, but did step back a little.

"How can we trust you? What about him?" Ladybug said.

"You have no reason to trust me, but at least hear me out" she replied.

They lowered their weapons, but not their guard. When Nathalie jumped down from the satellite dish, the fall on her already weak body made her drop to her knees and wince in pain. Suddenly the two heroes realised that if Mayura was displaying weakness in front of them, something must be serious.