Chapter 93

Chapter 93

The sun coming through the door to my balcony woke me up in the morning.

I didn't open my eyes right away because I didn't want to open them and turn my head and realize that Lexi wasn't in my bed, and that last night had all been in my head.

It wouldn't be surprising. I could have totally imagined the whole thing.

But I didn't need to open my eyes.

Because I could hear her soft breathing.

I gathered myself, trying to keep from crying, and finally opened my eyes.

There she was. My Pumpkin. Still all snuggled up in my bed.

I closed my eyes again, smiling like an idiot.

This was completely surreal.

I kinda did a weird happy dance, lying on the couch, making my phone fall on the ground.

Luckily, it didn't wake Lexi up.

But it reminded me I still needed to tell her father that she was fine. I'd told Tyler I would last night, and I should be keeping my word.

So I called the Grayson landline. Lexi's father voice answered after a couple of rings.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Mister Grayson?"

"Yes?"

How were you supposed to tell the father of the girl that you loved that she'd slept over at your place, because she'd gotten drunk, but like nothing had happened?

Because technically, something had kinda happened. She'd told me she loved me. And also, we'd made out. A lot.

Nothing close to making him a grandpa, but still.

I hadn't actually been a perfect gentleman all evening long. And Lexi had definitely tried on more than one occasion to lick my chest.

I guessed I would kind of have to wing it and hope that he wouldn't burry me in an unmarked grave

"It's Blake Eaton. I wanted to apologize for Lexi not coming home last night. She stayed at my place," I said softly, trying not to speak too loudly and wake Lexi up.

But there was also no way I was making that call not in this room. I had to be there when she would wake up. To assess the damages. To make sure last night hadn't been a fluke.

"Oh, yeah. Tyler left a post-it on the fridge. It's fine. We knew where she was," Lexi's father replied.

"Sorry again."

"No need to apologize, bring her home when you can... Oh wait!" he said, and then basically shouted in my ear, "TYLER GRAYSON! YOU RAT! I HAVEN'T LOST THAT BET FINALLY!"

"What?"

"Gotta go, thanks for calling," he just said, and hung up.

I stared at my phone, a little confused.

A bet?

That wasn't the first time I'd heard about a bet in the Grayson household.

I'd have to ask Lexi when she would wake up.

Speaking of her, I laid back down on my couch and turned around, staring back at my Pumpkin still sleeping in my bed.

She was holding on to my pillow like it was the door in the Titanic.