Chapter 37

" 'Cause when you love someoneYou open up your heartWhen you love someone, You make roomIf you love someone, And you're not afraid to lose 'emYou probably never loved someone like I do"

You open up your heart
When you love someone, You make room
If you love someone, And you're not afraid to lose 'em
You probably never loved someone like I do"

" 'Cause when you love someoneYou open up your heartWhen you love someone, You make roomIf you love someone, And you're not afraid to lose 'emYou probably never loved someone like I do"

Delilah's POV

Standing in the bathroom mirror, I tried to practice breathing once again

Standing in the bathroom mirror, I tried to practice breathing once again.. Michael is dead. Seeing a dead body was probably one of the most horrific things I have ever faced. I didn't want to cry, but for some reason.. I was just scared.. Scared of what would happen to me, my family.. Uncle Eugene..

Still, the only people that know are Benjamin and Nathan, as I haven't told anyone. How could I? I couldn't go home afterward as I knew my mother and father would force it out of me.. so I've been hiding in my room at Kimi's place. They call me every day, and I have to force myself to act as if everything is.. fine. She asked me what happened, but I couldn't speak without wanting to vomit.. I couldn't bring myself to tell her either. Her parents were out of town for the week, and she didn't question me when I told her I wanted to stay for a little while. I've tried to busy myself with my online classes for the last few days.

I also haven't been entirely ignoring Archer.. but my one-worded responses are definitely not enough. He probably knows I'm at Kimi's house, but he's most likely giving me space.