CH 47: THE APPOINTMENT IN TEN DAYS

"In ten days, I will defeat you."

Announcing in a loud voice, the boy smiled brightly. The sunlight gleamed in his eyes like shining gems.

For a split second, Wang Ba actually doubted himself.

Startled by his own suspicion, he secretly spat at himself for being frightened by a bratty kid. He had lived most of his life, was he still no match for a weak chicken-like brats? A yellow-mouth kid[1], tongue-tied, self-righteous and reckless!

He snorted coldly, "He Yan, do you have any idea what you are talking about right now?"

"Do you want me to repeat it again?" The boy said with a smile, "Since you have bad ears, I'll say it again. In ten days, I will defeat you."

"You!" Wang Ba clenched his fists.

"Brother He is crazy..." Hong Shan muttered. Wang Ba's crossbow shooting skills were evident to everyone. Although He Yan had improved a little bit from yesterday, being able to hit the target with a single arrow, that wasn't something that could be practiced in just ten days!

It was understandable that a young man could be angry and put down harsh words, but what if he goes too far and it backfires later?

"What will you do, if you can't beat me after ten days?" Wang Ba said as he bit his molars. He decided not to grind his lips with this young man. He Yan was thick-skinned. If you ridiculed him, he might not take such a thing too seriously.

"If I can't beat you, I'll be a guerilla soldier." He Yan replied quickly, "But if you can't beat me..."

"I'll be a guerilla soldier!" Wang Ba said loudly.

"I didn't say that," He Yan shook his head, "Even if I want you to be such a soldier, Instructor Liang will definitely not agree." She looked at Liang Ping intentionally.

Liang Ping thought about it in his heart, "..."

Evil, how could this kid know what he was thinking? Wang Ba had such a good qualification, if he volunteered to be a guerilla soldier, the head instructor would kill him!

"Then say it!" Wang Ba said impatiently.

In He Yan's mind, she suddenly went back to the past when she was a youngster in Xian Chang Pavilion, where the teenagers loved to gamble. As the number one in Xian Chang Hall, Xiao Jue was entangled and challenged many times when he was young. What did he say at that time? She remembered the time when that young man had slept on the rocks in the academy. He was woken up and sat up annoyed. He lazily said to the classmate who came to challenge him in horse riding and bow and arrow, "Fine, if I lose, I will do what you want. But, If you lose," he hooked his lips, "You will have to call me Father."

He Yan pondered upon, and felt that the scene now was very similar to the previous one.

But she couldn't let Wang Ba call her Dad.

"Well, I heard that you are acquainted with the leaders in the mountains and you're their boss. If I beat you, that would mean my ability is above yours. You will need to call me Boss in the future. How about it?" she said.

This request was really unheard of.

Everyone looked at He Yan, who was not as tall as Wang Ba, whose arms were as thin as firewood, and then looked at Wang Ba who was tall and big, with fists bigger than He Yan's face, as he stood there silently.

"Your ambition is apparently not small." Wang Ba stared at He Yan with a deadly grin.

"To be honest, before I joined the army, I also thought about falling into the grass and being a bandit." He Yan looked very grateful.