Chapter 20

Edgar Brandon was a jeweler and a pearl trader,but all his wealth and business was only possible because of Lilian Black or now Brandon who sold her family home for her husband's business.He had two children Alice Brandon and Cynthia Brandon.

While Lilian tended to their home,Edgar traveled often. Alice was prone to having premonitions of the future since she was a child, though they weren't always correct. Though she rarely spoke of her power, people in town talked a lot during her adolescent years. On two occasions, she tried to warn a friend and a cousin with her unfortunate predictions, but they refused to listen and when the predictions came true, she was blamed for cursing them, earning her the epithets of "witch" and "changeling" from the townsfolk.Edgar was ashamed of his daughter and even thought of her as a freak.

In one such travel Edgar met Anna Marie daughter of rich pearl trader,Edgar fell in love or lusted after her after all she was beautiful and rich.Both soon fell for each other,but the problem was Edgar knew he can't leave Lilian without causing a dent in his wealth and Image,because he was seen by everyone as kind father and lovable husband.Also most of the people knew his business was started with Lilian's money.

Alice had a horrifying vision of her mother being murdered by a stranger and tried to warn her about it. Though she believed her, her father did not. After months of precautions with nothing serious happening, her mother put her guard down, and was eventually killed. While Alice saw it happen and tried to explain that it was murder, her mother's death was declared accidental, and her father silenced her.

Within six months,Edgar remarried Ana Marie.While on outside they acted as nice wife Ana treated both Alice and her sister coldly while making a pet of her sister.Edgar turned a blind eye to his daughter treatment at the hands of his new wife.

Edgar was told by Alice that her mother's murder were all planned and carried out by Ana.Edgar raged at her for suggesting ill of his new wife.But this caused  Edgar to fear Alice,so to silence her he went to the same killer who he hired to kill Lilian.

Edgar found out Alice had ran away having guessed what she was about to he went to Marshall and made a story about how Alice was mentally not sound after her mothers death,he even bribed the Marshall to be safe
.He even told the townsfolk that his daughter had gone mad.

Edgar Brandon was lanky and had thin cheekbones. His eyes and hair were dark brown. As a businessman of the early 19th century, he often wore a professional outfit and next to him was Ana Marie  who wore her blond hair in a bun and had the round facial features of a young girl. In the style of the 1920s, she used to wear a long necklace made of pearls connected to a silver pendant that followed down to her torso.Both of them were in the Town Marshalls office where they coldly watched his daughter being dragged as
away by the nurses.

Alice in anger yelled"You bastard,you killed my mother for this yankee."Edgar sneered at Alice and said"Take her away already."

Alice was able to break way from the nurse and lunged at Ana as she broke her pearl necklace and cursed"Mark my words you will lose everything and you will live the rest of your life in suffering."

Edgar and Ana scoffed hearing that,but what they didn't know was Alice witch blood was active and those words will soon become reality.

Alice was whisked away to Mental Asylum two counties away.

Edgar thought everything was now okay,but he was wrong as just two weeks later he met Lilian's cousin Hadrian Black who was able to get Alice out the bastard  destroyed him with proof about his affairs and his hand in the murder of his wife.He couldn't do anything the proof was solid and the killer he had hired was caught,he was taken away by the police.The wife he loved quickly put the blame on him and tried to get away unfortunately the proof of her part in the scheme came up.The Marshal he bribed was fired,to escape jail sentence the Marshall told everyone about the bribe.

Edgar who was in jail cell,he was beaten up by the inmates from time to time at that he he couldn't help but think"I had a lovely wife, money, status and two lovely children,I lost all that due to my greed and lust."