[17]

Just as you left your family another person came by was testing your patience. “Hello, Lady Y/N. Happiest birthday to you.” You heard a familiar voice said which made your blood boil in anger, “Thank you, Lady Yume.”

She stared at you from head to top with a disgusted look covering her face with her fan. “I suppose you have been well these days, no?” You gave him a nod. “Indeed I was, Ayato treats me with so much care i can't hardly wait for the wedding to commence in action.” Yume glared at your provocation but she started this first. You glance at Ayato's direction she was having a conversation with Yae Guuji with the General of the Tenryou Commission you assumed it was for the so called Irodori Festival.

“My then its good to know that you are getting married in love, then why don't you join me in for a drink?” Yume asked you while having two wine glass on her hands, you accepted it but was not planning to take a sip. Who knows what she has done to the bottle herself? This schemes weren't new to you. It always happens in the nobility circle; This type of schemes are easily shattered to bits. “I must say.” Yume said with her eyes lingering on Ayato's direction.

“You have quite the husband. Don't you think— Lord Kamisato deserves more than you?” She provoked you, you only glanced at her back unfazed. Which made her angry but kept calm. “I do.  But what can i do? I'm the only one who Ayato deserves.” You had a grin plastered on your face. “Hah, so confident now are you?”

Yume leaned closer towards you. “Don't push your luck, Lady Y/N as you know as the saying goes, There are plenty fishes in the sea.” She whispered your eyes widened as she purposely bumped her shoulders to you which made her wine spilled on her kimono. Yume gasped her fake attitude showing. “I'm sorry, Lady Y/N!” she exclaimed getting everyone's attention. Ayato, Yae and Sara stopped the conversation there gaze fell in the two of you. Yae and Ayaka made an eye contact with each other as Ayato walked towards you. “Something happened?” You nodded explaining the whole situation.

“I see that is really an inconvenience, Lady Nobunaga allow us to escort you inside the estate for you to change into a new one.” You said, which she replied with a nod you and ayato walked to the estate Yume following you two behind. When you arrived in a guest room you then ordered a servant to fetch a new pair of kimono that has never been used by you.

“I'll wait for the kimono, you should go back talking to general kujou and guuji yae.” You told ayato he nodded as you left him.

After you were gone, Yume sat legs crossed as she had a playful smirk at ayato. “Liked my acting? It wasn't easy to create a commotion to get your attention alone.” She said, however ayato was unfazed. “I thought i told you to stop bothering my wife?” He said. “You're testing my patience.” Yume stands up and walked towards ayato, scooting herself closer as she hug him suddenly. “What are you doing—”

[ YOUR POINT OF VIEW ]

“Was ayato still inside?” I thought to myself, bringing the new kimono in my hands I held the knob tightly as I opened the door, Ayato and Yume were hugging each other. To my dismay I had let go of the kimono that i was holding it made a soft thud on the ground Ayato and Yume noticed my presence, lowering my head i bit my lips.

“Sorry to interrupt. I was j-just here to give you the kimono.” You felt yourself tear up. “Y/N it's a misun—”

I turned my heel towards the other way and left with no words leaving my mouth, my eyes already on the verge of tearing up, I ran towards the hall looking down which made the people's attention turn towards me, I ran outside the estate afraid that Ayato might've catched up with me. The place I saw myself standing was chinju forest of course, I decided to seek a spot where I cannot be seen.

Looking right to left, was there a spot that you can hide? I saw a spot on the side it had statue i decided to hide there crouching myself, at the back of the statue hoping no one could find me. I heard the statue talk which made me flinch. “Ah a mortal why are you here?” I didn't reply, I only let my tears stream on my face sobbing quietly. “Is the human crying?” I heard him say. “Please let me hide in your statue for a bit longer for now.” I received no reply, as I continued to sob. It was painful, It felt like something stabbed your body with a knife your stomach felt like its churning.

Why were you even reacting this way? You two were obviously not lovers so why would you shed your tears at him? You continued to sob your brain replaying the scene you had witnessed made your heart shatter in a million pieces.

“Is this also a part of loving someone?” You mumbled to yourself, maybe the statue can hear you maybe it didn't, you didn't care— atleast you were away from them you were hiding from them.

[ THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW ]

“You did that on purpose!” Ayato lost his cool, he was annoyed and he was mad. Yume laughed. “I did, and i had fun doing it. I would do it again ayato.” She said but ayato just pushed her away, “You asked for this, Don't regret it.” Burning hatred was seen on ayato as he left her alone, Who knows what he will do to the Nobunaga Clan? No one knows. As he left ayaka approached him. “Y/N ran away what happened!” Ayato clicked his tongue, “Come out.” Ayato said in a stern voice Ayaka's expression softened in confusion.

The shuumatsuban ninjas came out, There were a lot of them too. “Search for Y/N, Right now!” Ayato yelled the ninjas disappeared in sight to look for you. “My intuition was correct.” Yae said looking at the siblings. Ayato's brows furrowed even more he hopes you were safe. “This isn't going to work, I will look for her myself.” Ayato said going out to the Estate leaving the guests and the banquet which made the people invited puzzled.

Your mother had a smiling expression with the whole situation going on.