𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
AADHYA HAS SHIT TIMING

CHAPTER SIXTEENAADHYA HAS SHIT TIMING

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

"Can you please think about this for a second?" Aadhya insisted, casting him with a beseeching look that Rocky could almost feel the concern rolling off her in waves. "You are not indestructible no matter what you might believe. Something needs to be thought out in careful consideration. And this is the most outrageous kind of irresponsibility."

"Darling," Rocky cuts her with a calm gaze, pressing his hands down her shoulders in comfort. "It will be okay," The bearded man assured her with all his conviction. Because he will be. He has a plan, and all the enemies he had inside his kingdom are currently in one place.

"This is not another Dilawar or Shetty," The desperation in her tone was enough to get all the guards he had assembled to leave the room and give them their privacy. "We are tacking about Adheera here. You didn't see how they pictured him and his army." Her voice rises with each passing second. "And - And I don't want you to die before I can tell you just how much I love you."

When he promised he would protect her from everything worst, even if the worst comes through the fears in her mind. And the apprehension she has for Adheera, he wished to erase it too.

The words caused all of his moments to cease with a screeching halt. "What did you say, darling?" Rocky asks, every minuscule of his attention pitched on the girl beside him.

Rocky savours the look of thinly disguised amazement on her face, as though she herself realised what she had confessed just then. Her brown eyes were intent on him, as familiar as his own heartbeat. "I love you," She says once more, aloud and with more surety than anything she had ever said.

He caught his breath. She had said it - the words there was no going back from. Rocky never thought three words would be large enough to tip his world, but here they are.

"I am sorry for taking this long to realise it won't end in any other way." A look of such pain crossed his lover's eyes as if she's regretting wasting so much time they had when together, only to send him far, far away now with death looming over them a couple of minutes away. She made a soft sound and reached for him with a kind of desperate ease that made Rocky's heart jump. "So, come back to me, okay?" There was a plea in her voice and so much love in her eyes, mixed with pride and despair. "Give your hardest fight and come back, and we can get married whenever you want."

Rocky sucked in a breath. He could feel his heart pounding as if it wanted to tear its way out of his chest. And all he could say to her was, "Your timing is absolutely astounding, darling." And it seemed like the right thing to say because it earned him a shaky chuckle. But soon, a broken sob leaves along with it. And then she is throwing her arms around his neck as her small hand's bunch in the material of his jacket. She held him tightly as if she could encircle and protect his body with her own.