part twenty six

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Connection

Onerepublic

It was night time in Kingston. The lamps twinkled in the dim streets, the was sky consoling and pleasant with a tranquil air running through the city breeze.

Five blocks away and two streets across from Sauce's usual place of residence at May's was Zendaya's earthly, small home. All the lights were out inside the house though a flickering brightness came from one of the windows.

Inside the house were two young ladies, all cuddled up on the couch with a blue blanket over them. Daya had her head on Sauce's shoulder, her curly hair snuggly placed and brushing on the other girl's neck. Sauce's hand was wrapped around her girlfriend's waist as she pulled her closer towards her body.

The two of them were watching '13 going on 30,' which was a part of their rom com binge session for every weekend. The two giggled at something on the screen and looked at each other as they laughed.

Zendaya stopped and smiled, she placed a kiss on her cheek leaving a small bit of her gloss. Sauce smiled and kissed her lips softly making both of their stomachs erupt into butterflies.

It was the first time Sauce came to Daya's house in the few months that they had been dating. It was not everyday she got to hold her girlfriend's hand and watch a silly movie in the middle of the night. She loved spending time with her and she loved liking her. She loved her, and she could tell that Daya felt the same way.

The previous week was all spent with Daya and her family. Sauce had had dinner almost every night with her girlfriend's family, each time with a completely different thing on the menu.
She enjoyed their company and all of them enjoyed hers, they all went along quite well and though May, Y/n and their parents were amazing, it truly made Sauce feel like home.
The movie finished with the two of them sulking slightly at the happy ending, one that they hoped for themselves. To have a happily ever after.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Zendaya said kissing the top of Sauce's head gently.

"I'll see you too." Sauce muttered smiling and the two of them walked to the door.

Zendaya opened the door for her and beamed as she left. "I hope to meet your parents soon too you know." She said finally.

Sauce's heart dropped. She was hoping that she wouldn't say that. She hadn't told Zendaya of her situation, but it wasn't that important was it?

"Yeah of course." Sauce mumbled and left leaving Zendaya smiling brightly back at her.

She felt guilty that Zendaya had no idea of her mishap, but she didn't want to talk about it. She didn't want to tell anyone, she didn't want to think about it. She wanted to pretend as if it never happened.

Zendaya was aware that Sauce had difficult parents though she had no idea that those parents had abandoned her.

It was something Sauce would say when she was ready, and she had barely faced the reality of her circumstances.

Sauce sat on her bike and paddled away to the same familiar neighbourhood. She had moved in with May just yesterday because Y/n was barely home whilst Brandon worked late often. Sauce also felt as if she was a burden to her friends, she didn't want to dwell with them for too long and become a responsibility.

For the time she had been with Y/n she got incredibly close to her dad and had read more newspapers than she had ever done in her life before. However, with May everyday was an adventure. One day it would be snowing inside the house while the other a cake would erupt in the kitchen, either way she enjoyed being with both her friends.

Sauce reached the house and tip toed inside hoping not to wake anyone up. She carefully closed the front door which had a label saying 'Holland' on it and stopped in her tracks as she saw May carefully tucking in the happy couple to sleep.

Y/n and Tom were lying on the big couch placed at the corner of the living room. Both of his arms holding her body as the two of them snored in sleep.

May was sitting on the ground setting a blanket on top of them with a smile. Sauce beamed at the sight of them, it made her heart flutter. It was cute.

May turned her head to see Sauce standing there like a proud mother. Sauce was always observant about the things that happened to her friends, she was caring and she felt happy whenever she saw them smile.

"Come on lets go to sleep." She whispered as May approached her and the two of them went upstairs to bed.

>

The next morning was warm and placid. The birds chirped on the trees whilst the clouds in the sky danced still. The houses were quiet and the morning had not yet seen the bustling of cars and motorbikes. The flowers on the small patches of garden in front of every nearly similar house were sunkissed by the light.

The inside of the Holland's house was as quiet and that was until Y/n's eyes shot awake.

It was the first horn of a car, oh dear. The morning had begun.

Y/n looked around and smiled at the sight of Tom snoring next to her. His face was dug between the crook of her neck and his arms pulled her closer even in his sleep. His body moved as he breathed, giving her unknown comfort as if she knew that he was there, and always would be.

She knew Tom was in deep sleep. She took this moment to get out of his grasp and go back to her house, knowing that her dad would be worried. Just as she was about to put on her shoes she felt his hand take hold of hers in an instant and she looked back with a smile.

He was half asleep, his eyes nearly open and his hair ruffled in all directions.

"Stay." He said in a muffled sleepy voice.

Y/n bent down and held his face. "No." She kissed his nose and left the house to run across the street to her own.

"Dad I'm home!" She yelled expecting Brandon to be upstairs but he was yet standing in front of the door with his arms folded.

"Where were you." He said worry lacing his voice.

"With Tom." Y/n said calmly.

"What we're you doing?"

"That's not important."

"You were having sex weren't you?" He said eyeing Y/n.

"No what dad no gross why are you talking to me about this." She said completely avoiding the question and going to the kitchen to grab a morning snack.

"So basically you were doing the Devils Tango."

"I never said that and please dad don't call it the Devils Tango."

Brandon smiled at his daughter and joined her on the kitchen.

"You ought to get ready, we're going to a pottery class!" He said excitedly.

"Dad I really don't want to go to a pottery class." Y/n mumbled as she ate her apple.

"Come on! With you having a boyfriend we're barely going to have BRANDON -Y/N TIME. Just this weekend honey, then I'll let you do whatever."

"Alright fine." Y/n said with a slight smirk and motioned to go upstairs.

Just before she felt she heard Brandon's voice.

"You know I'd like to have dinner with your boyfriend sometime. Just the three of us."