[chapter thirty seven] chaos, death and destruction

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov..

After the events of the day, a good rest was in desperate need. With my head against the wall, I stared at a sleeping Stiles. I couldn't leave him, no matter how much my brain screamed for me to slip out the room and into another to swipe a couple of pills.

All the motivation I had hours ago had completely disappeared, abandoning me when I needed it most. Tears pricked at my eyes as I focused on the fall and rise of Stiles chest. 

I was shaking, even under the blanket that was wrapped tightly around me. The sweats had come and gone, but the cravings hadn't. I had to get the thoughts out of my head, sedate them somehow. The effects of withdrawal had seemed to have gotten a lot worse, it wasn't the feeling of my own blood burning and boiling anymore. It had now moved onto affecting the way I breathed, the way I slept. My body wouldn't stop violently shaking.

It was the worst pain I had ever felt in my entire life.

And it was just the beginning.

Suddenly, a tall figure in a dark leather jacket slipped into the room, causing a gasp to fly past my lips before I had time to conceal it. With his signature smirk, Derek cocked his head to the side with a tut.

"Hi." I whispered with a smile as he ran over and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

Six weeks had passed with no communication, no phone calls, no text messages. Nothing. Just utterly painful silence.

"What happened?" I demanded. "Is everyone okay? Are Peter and Cora okay? Are you okay?"

"We had some trouble."

My stomach sank as my heart began to rapidly pound out of my chest. "What do you mean?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"We went digging for something that should've been left untouched. We went looking for Mom's claws."

"Why?" I asked as a frown blossomed on my face. 

"We found them, only me and Peter got ourselves landed in a basement in Mexico. Anyway, we got out and we have Mom's claws. I needed some advice from her."

I didn't need to ask the question, I already knew the answer. He went to Talia because of me. I hadn't just worried my friends, I had worried my family. I had spiralled so badly.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" With a deep breath, my eyes dropped to my hand. "Is Mom okay?"

"I'm worried about you, Aires, we all are. I should have never left you."

A single tear rolled down my cheeks as my eyes fluttered closed, refusing to meet my brother's eyes. There was nothing I could say to take away the pain and guilt that I had caused.

"I'm okay, Derek." The words couldn't have been any further from the truth but I knew they needed to be said.

"You're not, Aires. Scott has told me everything. The hallucinations, the nightmares, the voices. How bad is it?"

"How bad is what?" I knew what he was referring to, I just couldn't stomach the idea of having to lie yet again.

"How bad is it in your head right now?"

Letting the dangerous side of me into my mind was supposed to solve my problems. She couldn't hurt me physically anymore, I was supposed to gain strength, not more voices.

"What is going on inside that head of yours Aires?"

I couldn't tell him. I wouldn't tell him.