58

Daniella laughed as she ran out of the water after Myra and Nate splashed her. They have been at the beach and enjoying the ocean for about an hour now, three of them relaxing before the race weekend officially starts.

She watched the happy couple and took a few photos of them, almost feeling a little jealous that she can't spend time like this with her boyfriend in public but smiled once she remembered that she is going to dinner with him to meet his mom.

She sat at the beach to relax for a little while, but it only lasted a few minutes.

"Didn't expect to see you here."

Daniella noticed the tall shadow and immediately looked up.

"And my morning is ruined..." She rudely said.

George chuckled at her comment before sitting next to her, without permission.

"Relax," He looked at her. "I am not here to fight."

"That doesn't mean that I appreciate your company," Daniella quickly replied, only making George smirk.

He is aware of how much she has grown to dislike him and his presence.

"I just saw you and thought I would come and say hi," He politely smiled, his eyes silently admiring Daniella who is in her one piece swimsuit, and currently trying not to look at him.

There was a silence for a minute or so as they both just sat there and looked at the ocean. There were a lot of unsaid words, explanations, and feelings between them but both knew they would always remain bottled up.

"Do you remember the last time we went to the beach?" Daniella asked, breaking the silence.

"Like it was yesterday," George chuckled. "I told you the water was cold but you didn't listen," He laughed, remembering the day. "And the instant look of regret on your face was simply priceless."

Daniella smiled. At the moment both felt like they were friends again.

"I was shivering," Daniella added.

"And then you stole my jacket," George reminded her.

"Only because you left it unattended," Daniella defended herself. "And I was shaking so..."

"You have been always taking things away from me," George let out a laugh.

Daniella's smile immediately disappeared.

George realized what he just said, even though he didn't mean in a way Daniella thought it did, he didn't bother to correct it or tell her otherwise. They are not friends anymore because of the actions Daniella took but now at least he has some idea that she didn't do it out of greed or selfishness, but he was not ready to accept it.

"I should have realized what kind of person you are a long time ago," He said, clenching his jaw.

"Yeah," Daniella said dryly. "You were blind and I fooled you."

She stood up and walked away.

George glared at her but within seconds his face softened. He really did ruin her morning.

"Hey," Myra let go of Nate. "Are you leaving?" She asked Daniella.

"Yeah. Lando already texted me twice to remind me not to be late," Daniella replied.

"Okay, don't die at the golf course," Nate chuckled, making Daniella dread even more.

***

"I don't understand how people even like this sport," Daniella complained after another one of her many embarrassing attempts at golf.

"It's quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it," Lando replied with a smile before hitting the ball with the golf club and watched as it fell very far away.