34

Rory's POV -
Minutes after ordering, Dad turns up at the cafe. He walks over to us.
"I see you sent Bella's friends up to her room."
"Yeah, I decided they were better off in her room than annoying the really nice receptionist. She offered me sweets. To return the favour, I took them off her hands. They were asking to see her every few minutes."
"Yeah. It was probably for the best. Don't worry, I won't interrupt you much longer. I've just seen Barry from the Bakery, who I haven't seen for ages. I'm planning on catching up with him. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."
"Dad, I'm fine. Trust me. I'm actually fine."
"Good on you kid." He ruffles my hair.
"Go catch up with Barry. Have fun."
"Love ya, kid. Don't ever forget it."
"Don't get soppy on me now, Dad."
"What else are fathers for?" He starts leaving.
"Hey Dad," he turns, "Love you too." I see him smile. He holds up a hand as a goodbye and goes to see the guy with purple hair who I somewhat recognise.

I take out my phone after feeling it buzz in my pocket.
Addy: How's your sister?
-A
I text her back.
Me: She's good. Broken some shit, but she'll live.
Addy: Noice.
Me: Was the monster game fun?
Addy: Yuh Huh
Me: Wish I could've played.
Addy: So does Edward. I have just received a somewhat angry txt from him that reads,
'WHAT THE HELL, ADDRIENE! I WANTED TO BE PART OF PUSHING THE BITCH. I WANTED TO KILL HER.'
Me: 😂
Addy: IKR
I kiss my boyfriend's cheek. He looks confused, but happy.
"What was that for?"
"It's just, you're adorable."
"Why?"
"Your protective. And in a really adorable way."
"Even when I look murderous. And scary?"
"I find it cute." He laughs and pecks my lips. I feel myself blush a little. Not much, but I definitely go a light shade of pink.
"Your cuter. And if that's all it takes to make you blush, I'll do it more often."
I playfully hit his arm, and kiss him lightly before looking back to my phone. A text is waiting from Addy from a minute ago.

Addy: Oh shit, the full fucking name's come out.
Me: Oh really?
Addy: Look at what that fucker sent me.
'Marie Adrienne Catherine Blanchet-Garnier Cullen. What right do you have to stop me hurting the one who hurt my person?' To which I replied, 'A) He' s just about my best friend. B) We needed to give you an alibi incase the text message wasn't deleted. But you can help with part 2!' I think he's still kinda mad at me and the other two tho.
Me: He' ll get over it. But that was a-freaking-dorable.
Addy: Yeah, sure.
Me: Wait. How long is your name?!? And your first name is Marie!
Addy: Only my birth-mother used it. Even my birth father called me Adrienne. My current passport says Adrienne Catherine Cullen. But my birth name is Marie Adrienne Catherine (my mother's name) Blanchet. Garnier was my husband's surname. Cullen is my current father's surname. Most of us use it.
Me: You're married!!!
Addy: I was. A long time ago. Hell, I had a kid. Never knew him tho. It's a long story and not really one for text messages. I'll tell you another time.
Me: Only if you want. Ik that it's probs really personal to tell someone you don't really know.
Addy: Hun, you're family. Tu es un Cullen honoraire. Even Rose thinks so, and she hates everyone.
Me: Thanks.
Addy: What's your middle name?
Me: Thomas.
Addy: Rory Thomas Swan-Cullen. Not bad.
Me: What's Edward's?
Addy: Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. Rose's middle name is Lillian. Russ has Howard, which means we have both Starks' first names. Alice's first name is technically Mary, so thank Gaia neither of us use our first names, or that would get hella confusing.
Me: You know someone else with the name Marie?
Addy: Please don't tell me...
Me: My sister's name is Isabella MARIE Swan (-Cullen in her mind)
Addy: Fuck you
I start laughing.
Me: Not gonna happen. Marie.
Addy: 🖕
I laugh harder.
"What's so funny?" the piece of absolute perfection next to me asks.
"Addy's first name is the same as my sister's middle."
"And this amuses you because.."
"Her reaction is priceless."
"I'll take your word for it."