Chapter 22:

I woke up to the sound of crying. I sat up in bed and looked around me. I was in my bed, but the room was unfamiliar. I looked to my right and saw Beck laying on his stomach, snoring softly, fast asleep. The crying increased ten fold and Beck murmured in his sleep.

"It's your turn, Lex." And rolled over. What the hell is this boy talking about. I slowly peeled back the covers and stood up. I padded over to the door and listened, trying to find the source of the crying. It sounded like it was coming from a room pretty far down the hall of the unfamiliar house. I walked my way there looking in the rooms around me. I got to the room and peered inside.

The walls were a light blue color, a white rug was on the dark hardwood floors. There were two windows on each wall with long floor length white curtains. Against one wall was a changing table, and adjacent to it was a dark mahogany crib. Inside a bundle of blankets, was a small infant, his face red from his angry tears. I made my way towards him and gasped. This was my son.

His hair was a sandy blonde like his dad's and he had my tanned skin. I couldn't see the color of his eyes-as they were scrunched tightly as he wailed. I picked him and cradled him against me. His crying slowed and he blinked open his watery eyes. His irises were a chocolate brown with small silver starburst around his pupils. The perfect combination of Beck and I.

Realizing he needed to be changed I carried him over to the table and took care of my son. Once finished, I picked him and paced slowly around the room rocking him back to sleep. I looked around his nursery and noticed the sweet details. The clouds painted on his walls, the small stuffed sheep on the shelf above the changing table. Picture frames adorned the walls, snapshots of Beck and I at the hospital when he was born. Ultrasound photographs, Beck and I's wedding day.

I heard a soft chuckle and turned smiling thinking it was Beck. Though when I turned my smile dropped. A man in all black stood in the doorway. I squinted trying to glimpse his face, but it was hidden in the shadows. His boots squeaked against the hardwood as he stepped forward.

His skin was pale and gaunt. A jagged scar covered the left side of his face. His black hair was long and greasy, laying flat against his forehead. His smile was sick and twisted and and he clucked his tongue at me as advanced toward me.

"He's beautiful Alexia," he murmured still grinning at me.

"Wh-who are you," i stammered holding the baby closer to me.

"He looks just like his father," he added looking me dead in the eye. "Let me see him,"

"How did you get in my house," I said backing away.

"Sweet Alexia, come now give him to me."

"No! Stay away from me!" I yelled, praying Beck would wake and hear me. I clutched my son to my chest. I looked down to see his face but in a blink of an eye I was clutching air. I looked up frantically.

The man held in his arms my son. He looked up and smirked at me, dragging a finger down the baby's face. He chuckled and turned around, walking. I screamed and screamed and tried to go after him but I was frozen. I watched him walk away, my child in hand and there was nothing I could do. As he walked away I saw the back of his jacket. There was....

"Alexia!! Alexia wake up! Lex!!" I heard. My eyes flew open. Beck hovered over me, shaking my shoulders. This happens to me way to often. I looked around me and noticed I was in bed in the pack house. I was breathing heavily and shaking slightly. The memory of the dream flew back to me and I flopped back against the mattress. I covered my face with my hands and took a deep breath. It was still dark out and I could see the moonlight shining through the windows.