5 - Plan: Failed

Unit 001 speaking: "𝕀𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤, 𝕙𝕦𝕞..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

They went over the plan for the next few hours until there were signs that the villains were coming back. Unit 001 got back in his place, making sure that everything around him was in the same position as before he stood. He put the restraints back on Katsuki but rigged them so he would easily be able to tear them off.

He made sure the villains would not suspect any tampering if they were to go and unlock him themselves as they did before.

Katsuki reaffirmed his role in the plan. "I just do what I've been doing?"

"𝕐𝕖𝕤, 𝕙𝕦𝕞..."

Katsuki hesitated before asking in a completely aloof version of concern, "You better not hurt yourself in all this shit," he whispered. But Unit 001 being the advanced data collecting something that he was, heard him clearly.

The eyes that were partially hidden behind his dark visor widened. He identified this as a notion of concern, one that was being directed at him. For the very first time since he had been online, someone of something other than his AI assistant directed concern towards him.

Unit 001 didn't say anything about it. He knew that Bakugou, Katsuki had not intended for him to hear that last statement. But for some reason, the core within his chest felt lighter.

Query: What is this new feeling called?

[Data not found. Unable to answer.]

It is... a very nice feeling.

[Yes.] The AI stopped for a moment before continuing, [This AI hopes for this unit to continue to feel this way when this unit escapes.]

Yes, I also hope for this. He responded.

While this conversation was happening, he continued with the plan. "ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥... 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕦𝕫𝕫𝕝𝕖... 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘: 𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥... 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕔𝕔𝕦𝕣, 𝕙𝕦𝕞." Unit 001 replaced the muzzle, and could visibly see the discomfort it brought Bakugou, Katsuki.

Unit 001 found that he did not like this, but he could not leave it off in fear of jeopardizing the plan. Everything had to be as if it had not moved. There were no cameras in this room so they did not have to be wary of that.

The villains weren't very cautious. That, or they were stupid. Either way, he didn't care, it worked in his favor. It was for this reason that he could freely wander about when they left, using his scanning ability to map out the building and find the parts he needed to aid in his self-repairs.

Their lax behavior when lounging around, making their plans, or damaging him was how he built up information on them. They had displayed their mutations and gave him plenty of video feeds of their behavior while damaging him.

After Unit 001 got back in his place, he cut off all of his lights just like before and went completely still. He returned to being just the junk in the corner full of dents, rusts, scratches, and singe marks.