Chapter 45

She asked, "What happened?"

It actually wasn't that she wanted to cover for her friend, she just thought that Wu Xue wouldn't cheat.

Liu Minghao's family was average, his wage was not high either. In the past whenever they had holidays, Wu Xue would put a lot of money into buying all sorts of health products for his parents. Even more, when Liu Minghao's elder brother got married, Wu Xue helped give a sum of money to the Liu family. But although it was Liu Minghao who asked, it was also Wu Xue who willingly gave the money, so it wasn't on either of them.

Wu Xue used to have a few male celebrities under her too, and she never had anything more than a working relationship with anyone. To put it simply, Su Yi didn't know whether Wu Xue loved Liu Minghao, but she knew that she was very serious about her relationship.

Wu Xue went silent for a moment and said, "I can't explain this over the phone, I'll talk about it when I'm back in Shanghai."

The sound of the airport broadcast could be heard through the phone. Su Yi looked at the time. "It's just eight, you're coming back?"

"Yeah," Wu Xue said. "I've settled what I have to and you have no assistant. Okay, I'm hanging up, I'm boarding."

When Chu Ying stepped out after washing up, he saw her staring at the phone. "What is it?"

"Nothing." Su Yi remembered then that they had to go get breakfast. She got up and took her clothes out of the wardrobe. "Wait for me to change, go call Chu Xi, she's in room 1212, I'll be there at once."

Chu Ying frowned. "We're not taking her."

His words had only just landed when the doorbell rang.

Chu Xi skipped her way in and said, "Su Yi, that like was too cool!"

Chu Ying said, "Call her Sister-in-law."

"... Sister-in-law."

Su Yi had already changed and was putting her hair up in a ponytail in the bathroom. "You might not believe it, but it really was a mistake."

Chu Xi smiled. "Now that this happened, it might worry that old granny to death."

Knowing who she meant, Su Yi calmly said. "This was just one celebrity in the company getting into trouble. It's not reached that level yet, she has plenty of celebrities under her."

The industry was just this cruel. If there was a scandal the company could salvage, they'd try; but if not they'd simply let go, allowing you to sink slowly under the water. But this scandal had involved Wu Ke and his company clearly didn't want to give him up, so it wasn't impossible for Tu Jinglan to get out cleanly.

While chatting, they had left the hotel and entered a porridge shop.

Su Yi drank a bit of the porridge and asked the person beside her, "When are you going back?"

Chu Ying ruffled her hair and had yet to reply when the phone on the table rang.

He glanced at the caller id, then took the phone with him, only picking up after leaving the shop.

Seeing that he had left Chu Xi said softly, "I saw the id, it's my father, that's definitely a call to hurry him back home."

Su Yi distractedly continued drinking the porridge after responding with only an 'Uh-huh'.

Seeing her this way, Chu Xi couldn't help asking, "Do you know why?"

"No."

"In a few days Yang Ruolin's grandfather is celebrating a big birthday," Chu Xi said. "I heard that the Yang family specifically made the call saying they want to see my brother."