CH 6 : Pinocchio

Here they stand, circling an empty circular spot inbetween crushed pots and dirt. The group are busy with their own minds, circulating theories quietly. No footprints, no hair, no any kinds of clue that would point towards the culprit who stole PasuBot along with the Oakuat Seed.

Koko Ci glances to the pair of twinning faces across him, his sunglasses hiding where his gaze fall. Boboiboy had came here already split into two elementals, one was Blaze, and the other was Ais.

Was.

From their demeanor and change of wardrobe, the Commander deduced that Boboiboy had upgraded the aforementioned elementals. It is good news, usually. Although not only their appearances was without his knowledge, their existence coincide with the fire 'accident' that just happened an hour ago.

Yaya had reported that it was a gas faulty from the kitchen, backed-up with one of the cooks'—Qually—as witness. The possibility of truth was undeniable, still, the coincidences are not to be ignored. Koko Ci repositions his sunglasses, he needs to put his doubts aside for a more urgent matter at hand.

"Let's retrace the timeline again," Yaya sighs, lightly massaging her temple, "Nut, if you don't mind?"

The engineer nods, "I was on my way to the workshop when i passed the greenhouse, then a mop alien in distress who i recognize as our gardener approached me and pointed towards the conservatory.

I complied, of course, since it seems like an urgent matter. When i arrived, PasuBot was still in its original place, and the gardener guided me to it. I asked PasuBot what's wrong, and it said that it felt something is 'broken' inside it because the Oakuat Seed remained a seedling despite PasuBot's prediction of the plant supposedly turning a full-grown tree this month.

So then i went to my workshop to grab some tools, and when i came back, the gardener was already knocked out on the floor," Nut points to the surrounded empty spot, where the missing power sphere was, "and PasuBot was gone."

Gopal crosses his arms, "Something's weird..." he rubs his chin, "Why would the thief break a power sphere they're about to steal?"

"Then what if the thief and the one who broke PasuBot are not the same person?" Ying snaps her fingers, "They might not even be related at all!"

"But why would anyone steal a broken power sphere?" Gopal throws back his question.

Fang clicks his tongue, "Ying just said it didn’t she? The thief and the one who broke PasuBot are not related. The thief might not even know that PasuBot is broken."

Yaya raises her hand, "Another strange thing i think i should point out, why would a thief break into a greenhouse to steal a power sphere? If i were a thief, i would've targeted the power sphere vault."

"It might be the low security that lures them." Koko Ci chirps in.

"Pardon my insertion, Commander." Ying lays out one hand, "But i have to agree with Yaya on how there's no way anyone would've thought a power sphere is residing in our greenhouse."

Gopal gasps, "Right! Unless!" he smashed a fist to his palm, "The thief already knew about PasuBot!"

Yaya raises her brows, "Oh!" she cups her jaws, her eyes squinting in focus, "Oh that really narrows it down..."

"Do you remember everyone who knew about PasuBot's existence?" Koko Ci asks of his Lance Corporal, since they don’t have the report of PasuBot's rescue at the moment.

"Yes, Commander." Yaya finishes her thinking, "The only ones who are aware of PasuBot are the entirety of TAPOPS, the higher-ups, the Baja Tribe at Planet Kadruax," the girl's eyes went wide for a second, "also Adu Du and Probe who attempted to steal the power sphere back then."