Chapter 52

Su Yi's reply was beyond Yang Ruolin's expectation, she couldn't manage to say anything for a long while.

Actually, after so many years, her impression of Chu Ying had long since faded. She had quite a few boyfriends overseas too, only that she had broken up cleanly before coming back because of her grandpa's order.

Her target was clear: a marriage of convenience.

For the past few years, Yang Corporation's investments were all failing badly and were now in a critical state. The bank was no longer willing to loan them money, and no other corporation willing to just help them. A marriage of convenience was one of Elder Yang's ways of dealing with it, and the first target they thought of was the Chu family.

In their relationship net, there was no better choice than the Chu family. They not only had enough backing but there was also a marriage target that was of suitable age and outstanding too – it was definitely the best way to go.

She smoothed her expression over and said, "You're too confident, a man's love is never lasting."

"That's nothing you need to worry about." Su Yi eyed her. "Anything else, if not I'll go first."

"Go? Where to?"

Su Yi smiled a smile that was not actually a smile. "What's it got to do with you?"

"We're all women here, I'll give you a suggestion." Yang Ruolin rearranged her curls. "While it's not too unsightly yet, you should just leave Chu-gege willingly. It'll save you having nowhere to cry at in the future when you lose face."

Su Yi hugged her chest and said, "If you don't find it shameful, why would I?"

Yang Ruolin glared at her. "You!"

"You've been praised silly by the water army you bought yourself? Or do you really feel so good about yourself? Wake up and look at the mirror. Also—" Su Yi cut her off, sneering. "I don't like others calling my boyfriend 'gege', we're all strangers here, what familiarity are you trying to flaunt?"

Yang Ruolin said, "When I met Chu-gege you're still playing in the mud somewhere!"

"You think it's like eating at a canteen, where we talk about who reached first?"

Yang Ruolin was so angry her cheeks were redder than usual. "You really think that Chu-gege is true to you? Didn't you see the video from a while ago?"

"What video?" Su Yi faked confusion, then seemed to understand. "You're talking about the video of the two of you in front of the toilet door?"

"Yes." Yang Ruolin seemed to have finally got her pace back and raised her head. "We, Yang family, are about to enter a marriage with the Chu family, you female celebrities shouldn't be like flies and sticking onto whoever has money!"

"Flies? Then what are you, a rat?" Su Yi was not angry, instead laughed. "With just a video, that's not even ten seconds that you have to photoshop to make it slow-motion before putting it online- you tell me, is it shameful?"

Yang Ruolin seemed to have been hit heavily. She only found her voice after opening her mouth for a long time. "— How did you know?"

In the video, Chu Ying's screen was lit. The big red rabbit screen was very eye-catching, it was Su Yi's call screen. She did call at 8 p.m. on the 12th, and because she had something come up at the last minute, she hung up barely ten seconds later. But in the video, the phone screen was lit for a couple of dozens of seconds.

She wasn't about to explain, instead sneered. "Just that little bit of brain and you dare try to snatch my boyfriend? Liang Jingru's the one who gave you the courage?"