Chapter 54

"That time in Ding County! I remember now, that was when Captain Ying had become the vice-captain!"

Zhou Ming nodded. "Yeah, he was all hot-blooded – give him a small switchblade and he'd dare to rush forward. Even thinking about it now I find it very funny, haha."

He had just finished speaking when a waiter came up with a few dishes, breaking the topic.

"All right, it's all old now, real men don't boast about past achievements." Zhou Ming laughed and said, "Eat, eat."

Su Yi tilted her head and glanced at the guy beside her. His expression remained unchanged as he helped her get a bowl of soup.

"Drink soup."

"Mhhm." Su Yi took it over and, while someone chatted with Zhou Ming about a recent mission, grabbed his hand and dragged it under the table.

The guy's hand was wide and rough, and she could faintly see the veins. Su Yi moved from the palm to the elbow and there was nothing strange to be felt the whole way.

Where did the guy really get injured at?!

"Sister-in-law, girls have to eat this." Someone sitting not too far away turned the turntable to deliver the snake meat to her. "It's said to be good for one's beauty, you're a celebrity too, if you eat it you'll become prettier."

Su Yi released Chu Ying's hand and said softly, "Yeah, thanks."

From the start to the end, the guys never stopped talking. A few got a tad high, and even began singing in chorus –

𝆕There is strength in unity𝆕

Su Yi sat there eating quietly, very different from those who are competing to see whose alcohol tolerance was higher.

Zhou Ming picked up his cup and said, "Ying-zi, come, let's drink."

Chu Ying nodded. He had driven here and hadn't planned to drink, so he didn't have a glass. Picking up the one he had confiscated from Su Yi, he filled it to the brim, raised it and said, "Happy retirement."

Zhou Ming laughed and said, "Happy, happy! In the future, let's all meet more often. We're all brothers, if there's any problems just say it out. Right, Ying-zi, you helped Hui-zi settle his issues, right? That brat called me, all teary-eyed and snotty."

"Small thing." Chu Ying downed it in one gulp.

"Hey, don't drink like that, you have to send Xiao Yi home later."

"I'm calling a driver." While speaking, Chu Ying poured himself another glass. Halfway through, he got up and said, "I'll go make a call."

The moment Chu Ying went out, Zhou Ming asked, "Xiao Yi, when did you get together with Ying-zi?"

Su Yi smiled. "Just recently."

"I know. Recently I keep seeing Captain Ying and Sister-in-law on the news, and it's my wife who showed it to me. I keep telling her that this guy's my captain, and she refuses to believe it!"

The guy beside laughed. "Why don't you take a look at how different you are from Captain Ying?"

Another round of laughter emerged.

"Fate, it's all fate." Zhou Ming cheeks were red as he said, "I don't know how many years it's been since I could drink so freely. Xiao Yi, you do remember Ying-zi, right? You kept staring at him then, it couldn't have been that at that time –"

"Of course, I remember," Su Yi said with a smile, "I actually have some impression of you too."

"Yeah, then do you have a deeper impression of me, or of Ying-zi?" Zhou Ming smiled. "Back then, I noticed that you wanted to cry but daren't, and had kept trying to make you laugh."