Chapter 56

Allen looked at the guy in front of him and his expression changed minutely. "Yi, he's your boyfriend?"

Su Yi picked the paper up and forcefully stayed calm when wiping at the corner of her mouth. "Yes."

Allen's expression turned uglier.

Wu Xue hurriedly got up and said, "Allen, see, it's bleeding from the corner of your mouth. Let's go, I'll go buy you a band-aid when coming in just now I saw a pharmacy nearby."

Wu Xue tugged the guy away. Allen was quite bulky, if he didn't intend to leave himself, he wouldn't have been so easily led away by Wu Xue.

Su Yi shifted to the side, making a seat for him. "Why are you here?"

Chu Ying said lightly, "It was on the way. Did I interrupt your work?"

"No." Su Yi explained. "I'd originally planned to come here with Wu Xue, but Allen said he wanted to chat about work so he came along."

"Mmhm, do you have any brands you like?"

This question was so sudden Su Yi took a long while to react. "What's it?"

Chu Ying said, "Change, don't continue with this."

"All right." Su Yi agreed without a second thought. Holding Chu Ying's hands, she played with it. "But I don't have any other brands I like in particular. After I dissolve the contract with them, others would probably come find me, you don't have to worry. Have you eaten?"

"No."

Su Yi was about to call the waiter over when Chu Ying got up and said, "Let's go home."

She asked, "You haven't eaten yet, have you?"

"Let's eat at home," Chu Ying said, "I want to eat the noodles you make."

When the two got in the car, Su Yi looked sideways at the guy, still feeling like something was off. From their meeting up until now, there weren't that many emotions on Chu Ying's face. Just like when they first met.

Their driver today was a different one, not the one who spoke with a stutter. This driver looked a little aged. Since Su Yi got on board, he was seated sideways looking at them with a smile.

After the two were seated, he then slowly greeted. "Miss Su."

Su Yi smiled and said politely, "Hello. Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"I'll go back and eat soon. Miss Su really is very pretty." The driver stopped looking at her, flooring the accelerator and saying joyously, "No wonder the young master is willing to wait so long in the car park."

Chu Ying cut him off with a frown. "Yang-bo."

[*'bo' is a way of referring to an uncle, similar to 'shu', but implying someone older – as in this case.]

"Ay, Young Master, where are we going?"

"Yang-bo." Su Yi addressed him like Chu Ying did. "Please bring us to the supermarket, thanks."

Yang-bo smiled and said, "Good, good, I'll bring you to a bigger one."

"Okay." Su Yi answered, her hands tightening around the guy's.

After getting off the car Su Yi waved at Yang Bohui through the window. "Go back and eat first, we'll take a car later."

After the car drove off, Su Yi grabbed Chu Ying's hand. "Let's go."

"Why are we at the supermarket?"

"To buy ingredients." Su Yi said, "I promised to make you a Manchu Han Imperial Feast, have you forgotten?"