Chapter 57

One had to pay for teasing someone, Su Yi had experienced it in person and really, truly deeply understood it.

The next morning, she struggled to get up – her inner thighs were aching. It was a rare occasion where the guy didn't leave in the morning and was still sleeping deeply.

She leant over and touched him lightly on the lips, then got up carefully and, after washing up, went into the kitchen. After pouring out the coffee beans, while taking note of the portions she freed a hand to send a text to Wu Xue.

[Goddess Su Yi: Don't come over this morning.]

[Wu Xue: Got it, I happen to have something on too. Right, Director Chu didn't get angry yesterday, did he?]

[Goddess Su Yi: No.]

[Wu Xue: That's good, the contract with Pasion is probably done for.]

[Goddess Su Yi: What a coincidence, I don't want to continue too. Help me see if there are any brands looking for an advertiser.]

What she had said to Chu Ying yesterday was all bluff. No matter how big of a deal she was, she's only a second female lead, it's not that easy to find a good contract.

[Wu Xue: Got it, stop worrying about this. I know when to stop.]

With that, it's another thing off her mind.

When Chu Ying woke up, the house was filled with the fragrance of food. He reached out with his huge hands and as expected, the space beside him was empty. Getting up, he saw the woman sitting on the sofa going through her phone.

Seeing him wake up she gave him a big smile. "If you still don't wake up I'll use violent, moaning methods to get you up."

Chu Ying walked over to her and used his fingertip to touch her chin. "Don't randomly use words."

Su Yi moved her face away. "Go brush your teeth, breakfast is getting cold. You're not going to work today?"

"Where did all our days go?" Only when he was satisfied with the touching did Chu Ying turn around and enter the washroom. "It's a rest day today."

At breakfast, Su Yi couldn't help the corner of her lips lifting up.

"What's so funny?"

She shook her head and continued eating with her head down. She daren't say that she remembered how pitiful the guy looked last night, just like a huge dog that had been left on the road-side waiting plaintively for her to take it home – it was so cute she could die.

After eating, the two curled up on the sofa together to watch a movie. Their phones were placed together, and they were of the same models. Beside them was a pair of matching cups that Su Yi had bought from a small stall when she had gone filming before. The things in that shop were made by the lady boss, and that female boss was a military man's wife. So these two cups, one had a little princess drawn on it and a soldier-gege on the other. It really couldn't be more to her liking.

It had started drizzling outside. This was the perfect weather for staying at home. Beijing was beginning to turn colder these past few days. Su Yi had put on a long pair of pyjamas and laid on her side, cushioning her head on Chu Ying's lap. They were watching a Chinese film, 'Let The Bullets Fly' – even after so many years, it's still a classic.

They were just getting into it when the phone rang. It was Su Yi's.

She picked it up and glanced at the caller-screen, then was rather surprised. "Chu Xi's."

Finding it too troublesome to put the phone to her ear, she clicked the speaker and said lazily, "Hmm?"

"Sister-in-law." It was a little noisy where Chu Xi was. "Are you free?"