𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

Author Note:-
Before starting the chapter, I want to first to thank you first for the +30K reads. I'm glad you enjoy this book. Second, I don't know about the headcanon, but I'm naming the demon dogs. I hope you don't mind.

Shiro= White.
Kuro= Black.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.
-RC~😋
_____________________________

☆彡𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙛 𝙒𝙞𝙛𝙚彡☆

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝘼 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙏𝙬𝙤

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

❝Do I look like I care?❞

AFTER THE SHOPPING, you all returned to the Uzui household. You bought the dogs Megumi wanted and let's just say the three of them bonded up very good. Once you returned home, the three wives went to the kitchen to prepare food while you and Megumi went to the usual spot which was the backyard.

You sat down on the engawa while Megumi stood in front of his dogs, "What are you going to name them, brat?" You spoke up which made Megumi hum in thought, "Demon dogs!" He exclaimed which made you sweatdrop.

"Just like that? Demon dogs?"

He just nodded and turned to face his dogs who were very excited for some reason. You stood up and approached him, crouching down to his height, "How about you name this one Shiro?" You suggested, pointing at the white puppy. You looked up at Megumi to see him eyeing the black dog, "Okay, and this one is Kuro." He confirmed, crossing his arms as the puppies jumped in happiness as if loving their names.

"Oh I see my beautiful wife and stepson are enjoying their time!"

You turned your head and saw Uzui making his way toward you. You rolled your eyes and stood up, ruffling Megumi's hair in process, "It's nothing much." You coldly stated as you saw Megumi and the dogs run inside the house. Once Tengen reached you, he held your hand which made you raise an eyebrow, "Come on, let's sit down for a bit." He said and dragged you along with him to sit on the engawa. After you both sat, Uzui smiled at you, "So, how was your day with your co-wives?" He asked and you shrugged your shoulders.

"Not bad, but I can't say that I enjoyed it."

"Why? Did they bother you somehow?"

You shook your head and put your hand on your cheek, "No, I just don't like this kind of activities." You honestly stated, letting out a sigh. The smile on Uzui's face was replaced with a serious expression, "Y/N, I want to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me." He spoke up which made you look at him, it was the first time you see him that serious. You sighed again and nodded you head, "Ask." Ordering this, Uzui took a deep breath and opened his mouth...

"Why don't you want to accept me as your husband, Y/N? Am I not suitable for you?"

You went quiet in the beginning, his question was so bold. Truth to be told, Uzui is a wonderful man and a great husband any woman wish to have. However, you still love H/N a lot. He was the only one that made you feel accepted and that you have the right to live as a normal woman after the harsh treatment you received from your clan. It wasn't like you despise Tengen or anything, but you weren't ready to approve of any man to be your life partner. You should answer his question and open up to him a little bit so he can understand your circumstances. It was all a part of the bargain between you and your oh so-called family.

Another sigh left your lips again, "It's not your fault, Tengen. I can't just accept any man after my late husband." You reply as you looked down at your hands that were now on your lap. Uzui wasn't convinced by your answer and so he decided to ask further, "Then why did you agree to marry me? There has to be a reason, right?" He didn't get any reaction from you, but he waited for you to answer him.

"It was for Megumi."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

You looked at him, dark green eyes looking directly at fuchsia ones, "My clan threatened me to sell Megumi if I don't agree to this marriage. My son is the last remaining thing from H/N and I can't lose him because of my stubbornness. He told me to protect our son at all costs and I can't break this promise." After you said that, Tengen found himself unable to say anything to you. It was a very convincing reason for you to marry him. To keep your son, you have to marry another man and forcefully live with him. If he was in your place, he would sure do the same as well. In his eyes, you're a very loyal wife to your husband and he found this so admirable and flamboyant.

You suddenly felt a hand on your head which made glance up only to see Tengen smile at you, "I understand and I'm glad you opened up to me even for a little bit. Y/N, I only want you and Megumi to blend into our family. That's all I ask for." He honestly said, flashing you his flamboyant smile. You huffed and looked ahead of you, "No promises, but I will try my best." You stated, crossing your arms. Uzui laughed loudly since he was satisfied with your answer, "I will take that, I will also try my best to make you get comfortable between us." He said, his laughter died down after a moment.

"By the way, I like those puppies with Megumi. They look flamboyant!" Uzui added, his voice tone covered in pride. However...

"Mama! Shiro and Kuro broke Tengen san's accessories!" Megumi shouted which made Uzui freak out and run inside while yelling, "MY FLAMBOYANT JEWELLERY!" You just kept on looking at him with slight surprise before a low chuckle emitted from your throat. You turned to look up at the sky...

"Let's see how will go from now on." You thought with an mused small smile. Let's just hope you don't regret your decision as the days go on.