Chapter Ten

"Train yourself to let go, of everything you fear to loose."
-Yoda

❆ ❆ ❆

Obi-Wan carried the woman out the back and laid her down once they were out of hearing range.

"Do you know who it was, you were trying to kill?" Obi-Wan interrogated.

"It was the Senator from Naboo." She answered, defeated.

"And who hired you?" He demanded. "It was just a job." The woman defended, not answering his question.

"Who hired you? Tell us." Anakin asked politely, trying a different approach, but Oriel didn't have the patience for this.

"Tell us now!" She yelled at the woman and Obi-Wan and Anakin both looked at her with shocked expressions.

"It was a bounty hunter named –" Before the women could finish the sentence, a tiny toxic dart came whistling out of nowhere and pierced her neck, silencing her.

They turned in the direction of where it come from to see a bounty hunter dressed in blue and grey Mandalorian armour.

This was all to familiar to Oriel.

She knew exactly who that man was. Jango Fett was his name. And Jango Fett was the very man who had Oriel as his personal errand runner.

Oriel's heart started pumping at a rapid pace. She was going to screw up their mission. She was going to get her dearest friend Padme, killed.

"Are you alright Master?" Anakin asked concerned when he felt Oriel's mind flood with stress. Obi-Wan was too busy examining the dart to notice, but once his focus was pulled away, her feelings hit him like a truck.

"I . . .  Um . . . I need to think." Oriel shooed Anakin's hand from her head as he tried to comfort her, but he was just making her feel claustrophobic.

"Let's get you back to the Temple. You're over tired I think." Obi-Wan said, knowing that Oriel needed some space, and time to herself.

"Thankyou." Oriel said quietly to him as Obi-Wan helped her up and took her back to the speeder. This time Oriel sat in Anakin's lap as Obi-Wan wanted to drive to make sure they would get back to the Temple in one piece.

Once they got back, Obi-Wan walked Oriel to her room and left her alone.

Though her mind was racing, Oriel was too tired to deal with her thoughts. The past few hours was quite a lot to take in. Oriel reuniting with Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme. Padme almost getting killed. Their wild speeder chase, getting electrocuted. And overall, her mind and body not getting a second of rest since Obi-Wan had woken her.

She was woken that morning to her alarm going off at seven. She was so tired last night that she didn't even change out of her robes. She groggily got herself ready and made her way to Anakin's dorm as it was half way between Obi-Wan's and hers.

Surprisingly Obi-Wan and Oriel got to his door at the exact same time.

"Feeling better?" Obi-Wan asked as he reached her. "Much." She replied and turned to knock on Anakin's door.

However, before she could, the door slid open to reveal a quite angry Anakin.

"Oriel!" He started which made Oriel quite shocked. "What did you do to my robes?" He exclaimed pointing down to himself.

Anakin was wearing the robes that Oriel had borrowed the other day and she had to hold in her giggle, and so did Obi-Wan.

"This isn't funny! Stop laughing!" Anakin demanded. "Your ruined my favourite pair of robes!"