Chapter 63

"I'm alive?"

Ralph felt uneasy, "My lady had to choose between me and Trevor...No!"

The man hurried out of his bed, falling over to the ground because of his numb legs.

"Ow," Ralph rubbed his back and wiggled his legs as he tried to stand up once again, then a knock on the door.

"Who's there?"

Ralph asked alerted by the knock on the door, that's when he realized...it was night.

"Can you be quieter?"

Irene's harsh voice spoke in the darkness and the door closed shut.

"Lady? What happened to Trevor?"

He asked frantically, "I'm right here, you idiot."

Trevor appeared behind Irene, Ralph was taken aback and fell again.

"Ralph, you must seat...your legs are numb."

Irene helped to support Ralph with Trevor onto his bed to sit down, "Sit first, I'll explain everything."

They carefully sat Ralph down and then took a seat themself on the chairs or sofas near Ralph's bed.

"So what happened?"

Ralph asked.

"You don't remember?"

Irene asked.

A sudden sharp pain stabbed Ralph in the head and that's when the memories of the last few seconds came back.

"Ah!"

Ralph remembered.

Five.

Irene looked at the two, Trevor looked away and Ralph looked back and forth between Irene and Trevor.

Four.

"You got to be kidding me..." Irene was starting to get pissed off.

Three.

"Do I seriously got to do this to myself?" Irene started to speak to herself.

Two.

"You really gave me five seconds, fucker." Irene cursed at the voice.

One.

"So what is your final choice?"

The voice asked.

Irene smiled, "No," she responded, the man stuttering in shock.

"What? No?"

"You did not say I have to pick one, you just said pick one...so it's optional, isn't it?"

Irene asked the voice, she did not know the man was truly angry.

"Once again...correct!"

The voice had the sound of gritting of teeth, sounds like frustration.

"Can we leave now?"

Irene asked confidently.

"Go go!"

Then the memory ended there.

"Irene saved our butts..."

Ralph whispered to himself, Irene scoffed then smirked.

"Yeah, I did."