Chapter 23 - Acceptance

By the way, sorry for not uploading at the supposed time (should be 21.00 UTC+7). I'll have been in my school dorm next night, so I dedicate my time today (05/07) to finish and upload this chapter. 

Still, there might be some decrease in quality, since I practically rushed the writing quite a bit due to that very reason. But I do hope you'll still enjoy it.

Started from 05/08, my active time in Wattpad will decrease rather significantly. And the publication time, if any, will no longer be fixed at 21.00 UTC+7. It may vary at any time, but nighttime around 21.00 UTC+7 will still be more preferable.

~~~

23章 承引

(Rimuru's Perspective)

Fufufu...everything's been going easy so far.

I've successfully performed the four known highest secret techniques of Oboro Shinmei-style swordsmanship consecutively, from [Baika: Gokatotsu] to [Yaezakura: Hakkasen], in front of the ogres. And it was enough to bring them on their knees.

I previously thought it'd be better to show [Oboro: Hyakka Ryouran] after [Yaezakura: Hakkasen], but it sounded like an unnecessary waste of time and energy, so I passed. Well, of course, if my performance turned out to be not enough for the ogres to get convinced, I'd pull it out anyway. It just sounded like a drag, having to do one hundred flashy strikes when the situation didn't even demand it.

Don't get me wrong by thinking that I'd get tired just because of something like that. Since my [True Dragon's Release] was automatically lifted the moment I got myself stranded in this world's past, my existence point began to balloon out to what was supposed to be its highest peak: Veldora's and his Velgrynd's maximum existence point combined together surpassing 160 million. So, it's not like doing it would affect even one percent of my energy stock.

Fufufu...fuwahaha...HAHAHAHA!!!

...

Goodness, it seems my bad old habit still slips out every now and then. I really have to be careful with my own thought process, so I won't get too overconfident. There have been too many times when I acted all cocky especially in a fight, and all I got were matters getting much worse and out of hand. If it wasn't for my immense luck, I'd surely not even survive my first year in this world at the time.

In any case, it's all thanks to Ciel's teachings at the Mansion of Mastery that I'm now able to reach this level of swordsmanship mastery that I never imagined I would ever reach before. By "mastery", I mean I've mastered how to use it perfectly and efficiently by myself without having to rely on Ciel's help anymore.

This sight looks very familiar... I think as I look at the chief who's been kneeling in front of us while bowing down along with his fellow surviving ogres behind.

This ogre in front of me is making this decision to accept my offer as a leader who, like it or not, has had to accept his own weakness, just like how his son was in the former timeline.

Once again, all I can do for you...is to make sure that you won't ever regret this decision later on, not even in the slightest bit.

"We've accepted your oath of allegiance," I state. "You're now officially our subordinates. As a proof of that, let me give each one of you a name."

"Huh? What are you...." The redhead besides the chief—the chief's son—is startled.

Of course, he is. Who'd not be startled anyway? Not even the majority of demon lords are willing to give names to their subordinates more than what their fingers can count. And here I am, nonchalantly saying that I'll give names to all of these forty-seven ogres in one-go.