13; kickstart my heart

Carina's povNext day: Tuesday

Carina's pov
Next day: Tuesday

"Hey." I looked up from my notebook as Steve stood in front of me awkwardly.

"Hey." i scooted over the hood so he could sit. He caught on and took a seat.

"I uh... i dont know what i was thinking." he ran a hand through his hair.

"Why did you tell Billy we had something going on?" i raised a brow.

"I dont know, because im stupid." he groaned in annoyance while glancing across the parking lot.

He was looking at Nancy and Jonathan getting closer as they took pictures with Byer's camera.

I nodded my head at the reasoning.

"You're lucky Nancy didnt hear about your fake rumor, she would never talk to us ever again." i smacked his arm.

"I thought that maybe if i told Billy we liked each other that he'd tell Tommy and well.... Tommy would tell everyone. Then Nancy would hear about it and maybe realize what she lost," he let out a depressed sigh while kicking rocks.

"Ohhhh Steve," i let out a sigh. "Im sorry. I know it sucks to see them so close, but maybe its for the best."

"Yeah... but it just sucks. I dropped my whole life for Nancy and she still chose him,"

I nodded my head and sat there quietly.

"So how did it go with Billy? You guys kiss and makeup?" he playfully elbowed me, swiftly changing the subject.

"No." i rolled my eyes. "We got detention yesterday. Then uh..."

Steve waited for me to keep going but i stopped myself. Nothing happened but i didnt want to tell him about Billy and I. Mainly because there is nothing going on between us.

"After an hour we got let out. That was that." i nodded my head.

"Seriously? So are you going to reschedule that date?"

"Mmmm.... i dont know." i looked over at the group of guys a few rows down. Billy and Tommy's friend group were all picking on TJ about something. All i saw was Tommy playfully shoving him as the boys laughed.

"If i were you i wouldnt do it."

"Do what?" i jerked my head towards Steve. My attention was so focused on Billy and if we'd make eye contact that i forgot Steve was next to me.