Chapter 38

"Right before I close my eyesThe only thing that's on my mindBeen dreamin' that you feel it tooI wonder what it's like to be loved by youYeah, I wonder what it's like to be loved by you

The only thing that's on my mind
Been dreamin' that you feel it too
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you
Yeah, I wonder what it's like to be loved by you."

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

Sterling groaned as he sat in Uncle Blaine's office " I said I don't want to go! You rich assholes are just going get me killed, and I don't want to die early! I have a life to live, you know! I want to travel the world, marry my tiger and have a bunch of tiger cubs running around... is that too much to ask in this world! " 

He screamed, and Kimiko rolled her eyes as she tried to silence him.

Archer sighed, staring over at him. " You're going, Sterling.. end of discussion. With how badly things could go.. we need you to be there as support, comedic relief, if you will. Although, you may have to share it with- " He was cut off when the door slammed open, revealing my Uncle Blaine and Uncle Shin. Uncle Blaine entered the room and sighed. 

" Alright, team, listen up! " He began, and I had to hold back a smile, and Uncle Shin shook his head as he seemed to be over Uncle Blaine's antics. 

" This dinner is nothing but a plan to get more intel on Eugene and his connections with Calvin. " He said, and I listened intently. The only people who know why Michael disappeared after meeting with me are Archer, Kimi, Benjamin, and Nathan. I had to beg Benjamin not to spill the beans so word would get around the house, and he was hesitant at first, but he complied... I hope. We didn't tell Sterling because.. he's Sterling, and we couldn't tell my Uncle Shin or Uncle Blaine because he's.. Blaine. We concluded with what Ivory told us is that Luca and Stephan may be responsible for Michael's appearance and Eugene is responsible for his death. We still don't know his ties to Calvin for certain, and we didn't want to jump to a conclusion.

Archer rubbed the back of my hand, and I looked over to him as he gazed at me with concern. I was still getting over the fact that I'd just witnessed a murder, and he was there every step of the way. Comforting me, making me laugh... feeding me. God, I'm falling for this man- Never mind falling, I've already sunk to the bottom.