Chapter 14

{a/n: IMPORTANT THING AT THE END, another note. i would really appreciate it if you could answer a little kind of survey i'm doing for the story, but let's talk about it later}

"What do you usually do when you don't study?"

"Oh-hoh, someone wants to know more about me? Such a good girl, you're really getting ready to be a good wife then"

"Ah ah ah, so funny. Yeah, sure"

"I don't know, music or video games, I guess. And sleeping, if someone doesn't ring the doorbell"

"Oh, oh! The bass! You said you play the bass! Can I hear you play? Pretty please?"

"Again, in your dreams"

"You know I'm never giving up, you know that, right? You know I will stress you for forever? You know it? Are you ready for it? Can you t-"

"Oh my archons, shut the fuck up! Ugh, ok, let's do this. You said you stayed up till 3am playing videogames, am I correct? Then, if you're a real gamer you would never give up a challenge, no?"

"Wait, I told you I didn't. I was trying to cover the fact I was worried about you..."

"Yeah, I know, I'm not stupid. That's why I'm challenging you on videogames, I can assure me a win"

"But that's not fair! I mean, I'd like to play videogames, it's just that studying takes too much time from my life, and yes, I played some when I was little, but Cooking Mama and Wii Sport doesn't really count!"

"What can I say? That's how I like it. Listen, I'll give you the opportunity to choose which game we will have this match. Try to not choose, like an open world single player though. All the games are on that shelf, go and take your pick"

"Omg, you're really something" you got up and went where he pointed you to go. Not that it was difficult to find anyway: it was a giant shelf next to the TV, literally full of videogames for Play Station from 2 to 5, Xbox, Wii and Wii U. It seemed like a shelf form a videogame shop, and you didn't know what you were looking for. For half a minute you just stared at all those different titles, colors and sizes of the boxes. Then, you had an idea. He let you choose whatever you wanted, you had to turn the situation to your advantage. You skipped all the Play Station and Xbox sections, giving your full attention to one you were more familiar with, the Wii one. You still had a Nintendo Wii from when you were little, and you played at the most famous games, so at least you knew what you were reading. Maybe, just maybe, if you could find something you already played when you were a kid you could have a chance. <<Something easy, something easy please, there gotta be something easy here, he was a kid too after all>>. Then, you saw it. That one or nothing else. Taking it with all your confidence suddenly coming back, you turned around and stretched your arms up like you wanted the game to bath in sunlight. Or rather, you were thinking about The Lion King, but better not say that out loud...

"YES! This is it! Ahah, jokes on you Scawamuce! I'm a beast at this, you'll stand no chance"

He was looking at you with a half-smile, but when he looked up, to the game, his smile faded and he rolled his eyes back, sighing. "Really, Y/n? Mario Kart?"

"Hey, you're the one who chose the challenge, I get to choose the game at least. It was obvious I would have chosen a game I'm familiar with, and I'm not joking, I really was super good at it when I was little. Now, I might be a bit rusted, it's been so long, but at least I'll know what I'll do"

"Yeah, ok, ok. Can't really blame you, after all, I would have done the same thing myself. Now, since you know so much about the Wii, turn it on and pass me the controller"