Chapter Nineteen | 'Your guess is as good as mine'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

"I-I don't understand...I am her? The girl from the crash?" Diávolos was sat on the chair that he brought from my desk to the opposite of my bed. "I-I'm confused." His eyes close, his hands lifts up the top of his mask and he bends his head down as he drags it off. He holds the mask in his hands, my eyes link with the top of his fallen head.

Dark black hair.

He raises his head.

Ares.

Ares is Diávolos.

It could not be. Ares closes his eyes. "It was you...it makes sense, Mr Johnson, you were in the room when I spoke about. Why did you kill him?"

"Because he touched what's mine." I shook my head in disbelief, grabbing onto the headboard.

"How does Cathy not know you? She has been my friend since childhood, and you are twenty-five! And my parents!" Ares did not utter a word, waiting for me to finish. I decided to be silent. And let him explain. I kissed Ares. He made it seem as if he did not know me. "You lied to me this entire time..."

"Firstly, I am twenty. Not twenty-five. Secondly, we kept it a secret from everyone in your family because you are catholic. If your parents found out, you would have never been allowed to see me again. Thirdly, you never trusted Cathy hence the reason we never told her." It made sense, and it fitted in. But I just do not remember anything about him or the accident. "And I did not lie, I just didn't tell you."

"Do my parents know?" I ask, knowing this question would break me into smithereens. Ares stands up and projects his tense body, I look down to the floor.

"They know. They saw me. They threatened me, and they were happy...that you lost your memory. They said it was a gift from god, to remove all you memories of sinning with me."

My own parents lied to me this entire time. They used me having a memory loss to cleanse me from my sins. How could they do such an awful thing? To their own daughter.

No wonder they treat me like a cage rat, this entire time they have been protecting me from becoming the way I used to.

"But I remember seeing you outside my window two years ago, you killed that man. Why? And you had different tattoos?"

I had so many questions stirred up in my mind, and could you blame me? The man I felt chemistry with turned out to be my boyfriend? I was in an accident, one accident costed me to lose my entire memory.

"Because he was taking pictures of you, you were naked." He answers every question i threw at him. I gaze up into his eyes, but he looks away instead of holding contact with me. "And I changed the tattoos each time I was Diavolos, I thought it would bring back your memories. But it seems that the butterfly got to you more...so I got rid of swords."

"Am I a virgin?" Ares taps the front of the chair.

"No." He responds. "I took your virginity." This is getting worse; I stand up from the bed and grab my jaw. I look around my room and then back at Ares who is also stood up. At a clear shot distance from me.

"I can't do this Ares. I am sorry but this is too much for me to handle...way too much. I need space."

"Alexandra...you had a flashback; your memories want to come back. They do...only if you let them." I shake my head; I cannot handle this. I am not strong enough for this. I am weak and brittle.

"I'm sorry Ares, I'm not her...you have to be mistaken because I remember nothing...I have no scars...go. Now. Please." I point to my balcony doors, tears dripping down my eyes. "Just give me some space..." His face falls, he steps forward and I step back.