00

PROLOGUE ;
A WEAK HEART

"I don't think I'll ever be able to carry your legacy on, gramps

"I don't think I'll ever be able to carry your legacy on, gramps."

"Oh shut it. Speaking like that isn't
allowed in this household. Unless
you want me to make you swing your
sword another 1000 times?"

"I don't think you're taking me
seriously... I really really don't
don't I can do this..."

"I don't care what you think. I know
you can do it and you will."

"But I can't even master-"

"All the forms? I know, but if
you perfect the one you can do, you'll
be a master on the battlefield, no?"

"That other student was way more promising than I ever
will be. Why keep me as your
successor when you had a
literal prodigy in front of you?"

"I believe you WILL become the most durable blade of them all, [Y/N] [L/N]"

﹌﹌﹌

'All of that, just for you to leave me behind? What a joke'

I walked down the alleyway. It was as if the rain knew what was going on in my head at the moment. 

It's cold and it's wet and I am definitely not having a good day.

I didn't know what to do. As soon as I heard the heart monitor beep, I knew that bringing that old bag of bones back to life with a box of electricity was pointless.

And I ran away.

Like I always did. I was nothing but a coward. 

I tried convincing myself that I was just shielding myself from getting more and more sad as soon as I walked out of that bleach scented building, but really what type of successor and granddaughter am I if I don't stand by gramps' side even until the bitter end? 

A terrible one.

Running away was typical. It was like whenever gramps would invite me to go to what he called 'curse watching' like a bird watcher, or whenever my 'friend' would ask if I wanted to watch a horror movie even though she knew they terrified the living daylights out of me.

I sighed to myself and pushed my now soaked hair out of my face. Now I had no choice but to carry out the old man's demands.

'fine gramps, i guess you win'

I always knew I would

══════════════════

383 words

edited