send-off

A/N: alrighty we're switching gears, due to popular demand this fic will now be Sun AND Moon x reader!

You walked quickly towards the office figuring you could find some sort of packing to mail the chip off with, upon entering the office you found the employee you'd become used to by this point sitting at the desk and replaying a clip from the security cameras of what had happened in the daycare earlier, they glanced towards you when you entered the room, their face twisting with concern as they looked back towards the screen "hey uh-" you cut them off "everything is fine, just a busted chip" you muttered in a hoarse voice before grabbing a bubble envelope from a box under the desk and preparing to wrap up the chip but pausing as you remembered that this specific employee was the lead mechanic around, you showed them the chip "hey uh...do you know anything about this?" You asked, pointing to the small black device attached to the chip
"Oh, that's a standard inhibitor and remote control console, basically like the antenna on a RC car but a lot more complicated, all of the janitor bots have- or- USED TO have them, the system got hacked so they were updated... where'd you get one from?" They asked "I didn't get it from anywhere, it wasn't there before and now it is so someone stuck it on there, moon had one too but it just sorta fell off and he went back to normal" you explained as you wrapped the chip up in tissue paper and put it into the bubble mailer "how far back do the security tapes go? Could you rewind to their last charge cycle?" You asked, leaning over the employees shoulder "well I could but there aren't any cameras at their charging station" they explained "that's fine I just wanna see if anyone went in there while I was doing my laundry y'know" you explained, they simply nodded, opening up the files and rewinding by a few days where you were met with a black static screen.
"file's corrupt" the employee muttered, skimming through the footage which was all the same other than a couple flashes of the empty daycare "oh... that's fine, thank you for trying at least" you said, somewhat disappointed but honestly not very surprised at this point, you turned your attention back to the mailer then, writing the address and finishing it off with a stamp before walking outside and dropping it in the mailbox, it was strange to be outside for the first time in so long, your face scrunched up at the bright sunlight and your skin tingled from the cool breeze "how long have I been in there?" You wondered out loud to yourself before taking your phone out to call the owner yet again and beg for permission to close down the daycare for a few more days.
"You might as well ask him to hire you full time, that's what I did when they wouldn't stop calling me back for repairs" the familiar voice of the employee suggested from behind you nearly causing you to jump out of your skin as you hadn't realized they'd followed you, you spun on your heels to face them as they currently stood in a small glass structure a few feet away, pulling a small box out of their pocket as if to show it to you "smoke break" they stated simply, explaining their presence outside.
"I don't think they'd hire me just to work on one bot" you responded "well yeah maybe not but you can work on the staff bots too can't you? We've got like a bazillion and there's always something wrong with them" they explained, you thought for a moment and nodded "yeah, I could probably do that...how much do they pay you anyway?"

One very long phone call later..

You headed back to the daycare now with an online application to fill out, looking around upon entering the darkened space but not noticing moon anywhere, taking a quick peek into the play structures which were empty and humming quietly to yourself before finally walking up to their room which is where Moon was, currently hiding out in the smaller cushion filled room which you hadn't actually seen him go into other than to clean it, you entered the small room and say behind moon, keeping somewhat of a distance from him "hey Moon, you alright?" You asked in the softest tone you could manage, not wanting to startle the animatronic, though he did exactly that to you, jolting up and snapping around to look at you in a very sudden motion that made you press your back to the wall "what took you so long?!" He questioned in a tone which was oddly laced with betrayal "I stopped to talk to someone and made a phone call, I thought you said you'd be alright" you responded, leaning towards him slightly but quickly moving back as he withdrew from you "I said I'd survive, not that I'd be alright" he grumbled, slowly lowering himself back onto his side, facing away from you as he had been when you first entered the room "it's so so quiet" he muttered almost silently
"You could've gone with me, there's plenty of noise out there" you stated with mild frustration "and I would've been blind, I can't see at all in the light you know, it's all just white, I don't want to put myself into that position, not being able to see who's around me, who knows what they might do" he replied, curling in on himself slightly, you hadn't even thought about his eyes being built purely for night vision and for that you felt somewhat inconsiderate yet still you pushed "I would've been right there, I wouldn't let anything happen to you you know" you said, earning a low dissatisfied hum as response as if to say "yeah sure..."
"You're gonna have to trust me eventually Moon, were gonna be stuck with each other for a little while now, you know the daycare has to stay closed until Sun is back up and running again so I'm going to be your only source of noise for a few days or more" you explained, still getting no verbal response from the animatronic "and even after that I'm not going anywhere, I'm halfway done with my application for full time maintenance so you'll be seeing me everyday whether you want to or not" you added, making yourself comfortable at the very edge of the cushion pile "I'm here to help as long as you'll let me Moon"