41.

"Harry, I really don't think its a good idea." Hermione says looking at Ron and Nix for back up.

"I'm not missing another Hogsmede weekend." Harry says, "Besides you won't even notice I'm there. You didn't last time."

Phoenix shrugs, "I'm not stopping you."

"Nix!" Hermione gapes at him, "He hasn't got parental consent!"

"It's kind of hard to get parental consent when my parents are dead."

Hermione closes her eyes with irritation, "You know what I meant."

"Meet you near the shrieking shack?" Ron asks, Harry nods slipping the invisibility cloak on.

Phoenix, Hermione and Ron gather around with the rest of the students, ready to walk to Hogsmede and spend their galleons on Zonko's products and Honeydukes sweets. They struggle through the thick white snow, the cold turning their noses red.

"Why is it called the shrieking shack?"Phoenix asks as they make their way to the village.

"It's haunted." Ron says, "Apparently there used to be screaming and wailing come from-"

"Don't be so ridiculous,Ronald." Hermione sighs, "It's just a trick of the wind."

"We can always find out." Ron grins. "Investigate it."

Phoenix shakes his head, "You're on your own there mate."

As the trio get to the shack, Draco is already present with his friends. Hermione, Ron and Phoenix immediately turn around, not wanting any trouble but it's already too late. Draco smirks at them.

"Surprised you're allowed in Hogsmede Phoenix." He smirks, "Sirius Black could be lingering around here somewhere."

"Shove off, Malfoy." Ron snarls, grabbing Nix by his jumper sleeve and pulling him away.

"What is your full name again?" Draco says ignoring Ron entirely.

Phoenix rolls his eyes, "Phoenix Adler."

"No. Your full name. Your middle names?" Draco smiles.

"Not everyone has those." Hermione frowns.

Draco looks at her with genuine offence, "No one asked you to speak, Mudblood."

"Phoenix Apollo Adler." He says distracting Draco from taking his wand out, stopping him from harming Hermione.

"You're missing a few there." Draco laughs, "You really don't want anyone to know do you?"

Phoenix swallows, waiting for his distant cousin to expose him there and then. He'd been here many times before with Draco, for some reason Draco never actually did reveal his secret, but now that Sirius was free. There was no reason to keep it to himself anymore. Everyone would find out eventually.

Draco opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted by a snowball flying at him from nowhere, smacking him in the face. He looks around at his two friends with confusion, more snowballs fly towards them. One of his friends, Goyle tries to run forwards but his trousers fall down and he trips. It's as if someone has pulled them down.

Ron, Hermione and Phoenix can't help but laugh as Dracos hat is pulled over his face. He screams, glancing nervously at the so called haunted shrieking shack and runs.

"It's actually haunted!" His other friend yells as he trips over his own feet in panic.

"Hilarious Harry!" Hermione laughs as Harry takes his cloak off.

"They're not going to sleep for a week." Ron snorts loudly, "Wusses!"

Phoenix smiles along, but something else has caught his attention in the distance. He's looking at the shack, which is fenced off. He's certain he could see someone looking out of the broken window, watching them. He blinks violently and looks back, no one is there. It was just his imagination playing tricks on him.