46.

Selene stares at her Dad Remus, he's explaining his plan for the full moon. They're to apparate elsewhere for tonight, stay away from their friends. Tate is nodding along in agreement. Selene shakes her head, not letting Remus finish his very thought out and thorough plan of action.

"I need to be locked up."

Remus blinks at her, "What?"

"The wolf, she just goes hunting for Greyback and if you try to stop her, you're dead."

"Umm right... noted." Tate sighs nervously, side eyeing Remus for his back up plan.

Kate glances up from her book, "We have a basement. We've never used it."

Kate leads them to where the refrigerator is.
Sirius and Tate lift it out of the way, unveiling a locked door. Kate reaches on top of the fridge for the key, handing it to Remus who unlocks it. The door creaks as Tate pulls the door open, the stairs are grey stone, filled with dust and spiders. Something runs across the stairs, scurrying out of the house.

"Is that a rat?" Selene asks with disgust.

Kate blinks running after it, "It's the pissing hamster!"

"What hamster?" Sirius frowns.

"Marlie's. She set him free because apparently he didn't want to be in a cage all his life."

Sirius snorts, "That doesn't surprise me."

"And he's gone again!" She calls with fury, "Enjoy your freedom Mister Wooble! You utter prick!"

Remus sighs, "Shall we go take a look then Sel?"

She nods, taking her Dad's hand in hers. She turns around grabbing Tate's hand too as Kate leads them down the stairs. Sirius stays behind, ensuring Bowie doesn't follow them. It takes them seventeen steps to reach the bottom of the basement, the stairs are slippy and unstable. It's dark and cold.

"I don't like this." Remus says.

Selene shrugs, "I've had worse. I need silver handcuffs and some wolfsbane at the door, it'll stop me from going up the stairs."

"You're a pro at this." Tate mumbles with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Alright. Handcuffs.. I think Zion has some." Kate says with a sigh.

"Why does your son have handcuffs?" Remus frowns.

Kate glares at him, "He dressed as a police officer for Halloween a few years ago! Get your mind out of the gutter."

"That's adorable." Selene says as she stifles a laugh, she'd been looking for something to tease Zion about.

"Are you sure about this Sel?" Remus worries, looking at the dark brick and the unworking light above them.

Selene nods, "I've never been more certain about anything in my life. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm a true wolf, I was born with lycanthropy. I'm not like you and Tate."

"Okay." Tate says, assuring both Remus and Selene, "We have a few hours to get everything ready."

"I'll go and ask Zion about those handcuffs." Selene laughs, running ahead of the adults.

"God they like each other." Tate mutters, shaking his head as they make their way back upstairs.

Remus ignores his husbands revelation, "I have wolfsbane in my briefcase from Hogwarts. We can use that."

Selene knocks at Zions bedroom door, Phoenix opens it and stares at her, "Zion! Your girlfriends here!"

"She's not my girlfriend you idiot!"