53

Remus stands with his wand raised, showing Selene how to properly position herself. She mimicked him perfectly. It had taken a long time to get her used to magic, it still made her a little nervous but she was gaining more confidence everyday. Remus was quite proud himself, teaching her defensive spells and all about the wizarding world. He single handedly changed her perspective on magic.

He hands her his wand, she takes it in her hand, gripping it tightly as magic jolts through her veins like electricity. She looks at her Dad uncertainly but a gentle nod of encouragement from him is all she needs to actually use the wand for the first time.

She ensures she's in the stance he taught her, double checking then triple checking her position. She points the wand towards Remus nervously, he once again gives her a little nod of encouragement. Showing her that he believed in her.

"Stupefy!" She says, the spell bursting out of the end of her wand and hitting Remus in the chest.

He doesn't fly back, he stumbles slightly and claps with approval. He can't help but beam with pride at his little girl. Selene smiles back, happy that she'd managed to do the spell, but they both stop smiling when they hear the rattling noise around them.

Remus turns around, looking at the walls of the kitchen as they shake with fury them his face drops as the windows concave, glass shattering in all directions. He pulls Selene down to the floor, covering her head with his arms as he stares in shock.

Once the shaking stops, he stands to his feet and looks at the glass shards on the floor. Selene shakily hands the wand back to her father.

"Repario!" He mutters, waving the wand lazily as he stares at his child.

She watches in amazement as the glass shards fly off the ground and place themselves back into the window frames like a jigsaw puzzle. Upon a closer inspection, they're as good as new. No one would ever be able to tell that the windows had all been smashed a few seconds ago.

"I think we should call it a day." Remus nods with a smile, "You did great."

Selene offers him a small smile, but she knows from the look in his eyes that normal witches and wizards did not smash windows when performing a basic spell. He looks almost afraid of her and that scared her, it reminded her of the monster she was inside.

When Selene was out of sight, Remus grabbed a quill and parchment from the drawer. He wrote a long rushed letter to his husband, begging him for help and begging him to come back.

Sirius sends Marlie's present from him and Kate,using one of the Hogwarts owls when they drop of his letters. It was hard to persuade them but they'd do nearly anything for a dead mouse. Sirius had mixed feelings about his daughters thirteenth birthday, she was finally a teenager but it also marked the first birthday he could celebrate of hers. He wished he could spend the day with her but due to the Triwizard tournament, Dumbledore decided to keep all kids at Hogwarts instead over the Christmas break.

The weeks pass by but they hear nothing back and he gets worried. Marlie hadn't written to him in awhile. He thought she would at least write back to let him know what she thought of the gift he chose out for her.

Kate smiles at Sirius as he stares out of the back door, he watches every single bird that flies in the sky wanting so badly for it to be an owl delivery.

"Marlie never writes." Kate reassures him once again.

Sirius sighs, "But she wrote to me every week when she first went back."

"That's because she wasn't used to you being around yet. You were new and exciting. Now she knows you're not going anywhere."

Sirius relaxes slightly, a smile breaking free across his face. Marlie never writes. Sirius was part of her inner circle, the people she trusted to always be there. He turns to face Kate, the smile still spread across his lips.