Chapter 3: Orders

Pastry got ready in her formal attire, grabbed her Godly fork and stepped out of her room. She locked the door and counted her steps as she walked down the hallway. Maybe she could investigate further, if only she could go inside the Tower.. Pastry then bumped into something. 

- Pastry? You're finally up and awake. You've overslept a lot this week." Mother cookie's words quickly made her look up and straighten her pose. When she made eye contact there was no emotion to spot in the eyes in front of her, the cookie was just smiling.. as always.

- Yes Reverend Mother cookie...? Forgive me for oversleeping today aswell I just-

- -am worried about what happened?"

After getting cut off Pastry cookie froze and her heart skipped a few beats. She fully knew what the cookie meant.

- I-It's not how it seems I'm not being disrespectful to the Godly I-"

- My dear child, I know you aren't. What you saw was shocking after all. I know you have a pure heart.

- Mother cookie you trust me... right? I haven't.. said a word to anyone!"

- Oh sweet innocent child, ofcourse I trust you, but you can't have such ideologies in this place. You know what I mean, well your diary has some concerning stuff written in it." Mother Cookie stopped aswell and looked back at her.

- ..." Pastry stared at Mother cookie for a while. They read my diary? They must have been in my room.. I must have left the book exposed.

- .. Fine. If it's necessary, I'll let myself and my thoughts get silenced if that's what you are thinking about. "

- You're aware? Such an obedient young cookie, so smart too. Good, but since you are so sweet and smart we don't have to. Tomorrow will go like any other day, pray and praise the Godly." Mother cookie patted her on the head and she gulped. The feeling of something being stuck in her throat started and was making her uncomfortable. Was it the words she was longing to say? Is it the fear of accidentally saying or doing something bad that made her feel worried? 

Maybe she is losing faith in the Holy ones above herself.. The thoughts made her rethink everything in her life again.

I follow orders, not my own thoughts.

- Go now, get some rest. I know if you sleep some more you'll be perfectly rested the next day." Mother Cookie said and stroked her on the head.

- Yes, Reverend Mother cookie."

...