. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝑃𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒. ❜┊-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗜𝗩.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

"𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨, 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙩?"┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。ˏˋ ꒰💫꒰ ࿐ ࿔*:・(Practice - 4: "Hilarious, isn't it?")

(Practice - 4: "Hilarious, isn't it?")

"Why are you pouting again, dear Consul?" I questioned as he gave me an irritated look.
"I'm disappointed in myself."
"Pfft, what? Why? You're doing great."
"I keep dropping you whenever I try to dip you. That's not "great"."
I smiled. It was fake. How "considerate" of him.
"I can handle it, trust me. All it takes is a bit of practice."
"But I can't bring myself to hurt you. I mean, you're an ally to me after all. That'd look bad on my part."
I winced. So he just didn't want to look bad? Alright then..
"Well, sometimes you get injured while doing physical activity—Oh, and would you look at the time? Our hour is up. See you tomorrow."
He opened his mouth in protest but I quickly waved, walking off.
"For the love— Y/N! Wait!"
I stormed off, pacing myself and inching towards the garden faster. Unbeknownst to the pursuing Consul behind me.
(Earlier...)
"Repeat that...?"
The informant looked visibly anxious at my vexed expression.
"The 9 Elders and Consul...they want to take the Soul Jam of the Ancients. I didn't get a reason why though.."
"Why would we need the Soul Jam? If it's difficult for individual cookies to manage its powers, then it'd be harder for multiple cookies to do so! I haven't a great feeling about this."
"My Lady, might I express my opinion on this matter?"
I raised an eyebrow but waved my hand. He nodded his head gratefully.
"Get closer to the Consul. Find out what he is planning and if he has bad intentions, we must stop him! We cannot let them selfishly hoard the Soul Jam and cause suffering all over Earthbread. You know they wouldn't share such power...right?"
"That is correct. Even if it were us, we would become greedy and power-hungry. We are mere cookies, not ancients. I believe that the Soul Jam belongs to its rightful owners, as they have more experience than us...when is this council being held again?"
"In a few months. Planning has already been commenced, however. I don't believe we received an invitation...neither did the Republic. Yet they're planning to waltz in there, unprofessionally if I may add. It appears that the Consul might not be a descendant of House Custard-"
"We shouldn't make assumptions, but I'll keep an eye on him."
"Oh, and my Lady?"
"Hm?"
"They mentioned you. They want to gain your trust. I don't want our Province to be used for malicious intent."
The expression on my face, an extremely offended one, caught the informant off guard. He shuffled nervously in place. I cackled dryly.
"They talked about me? Gaining my friendship, pledging allegiance..could be all part of a ploy to steal the Soul Jam? Oh that is LAUGHABLE. I should've seen that coming from a mile away." I growled, rising from my seat.
"Your information has been most appreciated. I thank you dearly. You will be paid for your efforts in full by Wagashi Cookie." I said sternly, giving a solemn nod.
(Present)
"Y/N, please can we just talk!-"
"Talk. Talk? What exactly should we converse about? The fact that.." I trailed off. I cannot let him know that I am aware of his actions. I plastered a convincing, apologetic grin on my face.
"I'm sorry. I just...hate seeing cookies completely disregard themselves like you were. Don't put yourself down, you make mistakes, because you're a cookie. You fall down, you get back up. Alright?" I scolded, crossing my arms and facing him.
He just stood there, stunned, with his head lowered. I mentally cursed myself for being rather harsh on him, then again I'm still both disappointed and suspicious.
"Don't apologize. I've been an overachiever since I was a kid, so I strive to put my all into what I do. I come off as a snobby, egomaniac and I just choose to ignore it. I know that sounds bad but, gosh I hate admitting defeat, I don't know how to fix it."
"I understand. I myself am a bit of a people pleaser. However I've come to realize that not all parties will be satisfied with one certain outcome. The best thing we can do to solve this though, is to accept that we naturally make mistakes. Trial and error. You fail, you improve, you succeed. Understood?"
He nodded, smiling at me slightly.
"You'd make a great lecturer."
"I'm aware." I plainly giggled. The tension was now so thick it could get sliced clean in half with a knife.
He trudged towards me apprehensively, almost afraid he'd scare me away. I just stood there until he (ribbons and all) embraced me in a warm hug. I shouldn't be feeling such things towards a supposed undercover enemy...!
"Thank you for the pep talk, Lady (Y/N) Cookie. I really did need it. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He beamed, his eyes twinkling with sincerity. I awkwardly shied away a bit but bid him adieu as he roamed off towards the huge oak doors.
Tell me, oh adulated Consul...Why are you of all cookies giving me rather mixed signals?
||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||