010. deathless

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"WE SHOULD PLAY 'Waterloo.'"

"It's my money, I say we're playing some Zeppelin," Dean argues.

"But you pick the music whenever we drive! Can't I just pick once?" Eleanor protests.

"Nope." He taps a button on the jukebox and the lyrics to 'Stairway to Heaven' fill the diner. Eleanor glares at him as they return to their table but Dean simply smirks.

"I don't see why you said I could help pick when you already knew what you wanted to play," she grumbles, feeling like a small child.

"No, you're right, it's definitely weird...Thanks, Bobby," Sam says into his phone as they approach the table. He clicks off the call and puts his phone in his pocket.

"That Bobby?" Eleanor asks, sitting down across from him.

Sam nods. "He found something in Wyoming." He opens his laptop and begins typing.

"A job?" Dean asks, sitting beside his brother.

"Maybe. Small town, no one's died in the past week and a half."

Dean takes a bite of his burger. "That so unusual?" he asks, mouth full.

"Ew, gross, Dean. Finish chewing before you talk. No one wants to see your half eaten hamburger," Eleanor complains.

Sam ignores them both. "It's how they're not dying. One guy with terminal cancer strolls right out of hospice. Another guy gets capped by a mugger and walks away without a scratch," he explains.

Dean made a point to swallow his food before speaking, looking directly at his sister, who flashes him a fake smile. "Capped in the ass?"

"Police say Mr. Jenkins was shot in the heart at point-blank range by a nine-millimeter," Sam reads from the article.

"And he's alive?" Eleanor asks, taking a sip from her milkshake.

"Locals are saying it's a miracle. It's got to be something nasty, right? I mean, people making deals or something."

His siblings consider it, eating in silence for a moment. "You think?" Dean asks, breaking it.

"I mean, what else would it be?" Eleanor responds.

"I don't know."