Deal

“Yuki! How are you feeling?”

“I'm feeling better today! One of the nuns gave me this book, do you want me to tell you what's it about?”

One of the characteristics of the disease is that you don't know when the infected is going to die. Some of them die in days, others in weeks, some even in just hours after they start showing the symptoms.

The fear of waking up in the next day to see that Yuki is dead has been making Y/N lose a lot of sleep-time recently.

“You know, I really like it because it remembers me from that time we played together! You know, when you were the princess and Kota was the dragon?” The little girl said, passionately telling the details of the book.

Maybe it's because she noticed Y/N's worries, but Yuki has been acting like everything is completely fine, the noticeable dark circles forming under her eyes makes it hard for Y/N to act like everything is okay, though.

“But I think Rengoku was a better prince! The one in this book is too-” She's interrupted by the sight of two guys carrying something seemingly heavy, covered by a white sheet.

A corpse. Someone died.

“What's this?” Yuki asked, frowning.

“…It's nothing, what were you going to say about the prince?” Y/N changed subject, forcing a smile.

“….Well, as I was saying-”

                           『••✎••』

Y/N closed the door behind her, letting out a tired sigh.

She wanted to stay for more time, but she can't expend too much time inside the room where the infected are, since they still don't know how the disease is spreading.

She quickly noticed Ichika, Hiro and Kota sitting on the floor around a big paper, several crayons scattered.

“What are you guys doing?” She approached them.

“We are making a drawing for Yuki! For when she gets better!” Ichika commented with a smile, pointing to a very poor-made drawing of them all. “We put you guys here too!”

“Really?”

“Yeah! Shinobu is scary, but she's going to cure her, so she's not a bad person!” Ichika commented, pointing to a purple blob that was supposed to be Shinobu. “And Giyuu is kinda weird, but I guess that he's just shy!” this time she pointed to a blue blob.

“And I guess this is Kyojuro?” Y/N asked, pointing to a mess of scribbles in yellow and orange.

“Yep! His hair has a weird color, but it's fun to draw it!”

“I see!….and what are these blue thingies?” Y/N asked.

“Ninjas.” Kota responded with a straight face.