Chapter Six: Petrified

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago." Harry admitted to the other three as they walked through the courtyard.

It was a cold day, all four of them had their robes on along with their scarves, carrying bags and books on their way out of class.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione defended their friend.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron exclaimed, hugging his books to his chest.

"So... like you?" Y/N teased, shoving some of his books into his enchanted messenger bag.

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry argued, stopping in his tracks.

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione suggested, being the quartet's peacemaker.

"Seems like only Hermione's got a sense of loyalty between you three Gryffindor's." Y/N chimed, shoving his hands into his pockets, forgetting his gloves on his bed.

"That would be a cheerful visit. 'Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'" Ron sarcastically rolled his eyes at the girl's idea.

"Mad and hair?" Hagrid's voice came from behind them, making the quartet jump at his appearance.

"You wouldn't be talking about me, now, would you?"

"No!" They all replied in sync with the tone of a small child denying that they had eaten the last cookie from the jar.

"What's that you've got, Hagrid?" Harry prevented the awkward silence by showing interest towards the item Hagrid held.

"Oh, it's uh- Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know." Hagrid replied, showing them the green watering can.

"Now, according to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do. But once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop them up and stew them and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-Petrified."

The quartet nodded, worried about the Petrified students.

"In the meantime, though, you four... had best be looking after yourselves. Alright?"

They nodded once more before Harry left to tend to the Mandrakes.

"Do you really believe it's him?" Y/N watched the gentle giant walk away, greeting Neville who ran fast towards the quartet.

"Harry, I don't know who did it, but you'd better come." Neville said frantically, doing his best to catch his breath.

"Come on!" Neville took off once more.

The confused quartet quickly took off after him who lead the into the Gryffindor common room, dragging Y/N in along with them, making sure to cover his ears when they said the password. Upon entering the boy's dorm they saw Harry's belongings trashed, all over the floor.

"Well. I knew the Gryffindor common room's were much messier compared to Slytherin's but I didn't expect this." Y/N muttered, making Hermione nudge him slightly as Harry went to investigate his trashed items.

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password." Hermione said, watching Harry rummage through his books.

"Unless it wasn't a student."

"Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something." Ron added, staring at the feathers that had now been taken out of Harry's pillows.

"And they found it." Harry spoke up.