Impending Election

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

I step outside the room, relaxing a little after my conversation with Ameri. My heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest, all of the tension and anxiety I was holding in without realizing is hitting me all at once. I stumble away from the door to the room I was just in, wanting to get away from there since Ameri will be coming out at any moment. I need a few minutes to process what just happened so I walk a good distance away, turn a corner, slump against the wall, and sigh.

What even was all that?

I'm still confused about what exactly happened in there. I just acted on my instincts and said and did what I thought was right, but now after the fact, I feel weird about how all of that went down.

The expressions Ameri made; the way she took my hand without hesitation; and that embarrassing moment when I held her face. All of it just feels kinda fuzzy now and not completely real, much like a dream.

I got way too touchy with Ameri...what I did a minute ago was even worse than Ronove when he touched her hair... I'm lucky she didn't slap me for doing that! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I feel my cheeks and ears turn hot as the embarrassment wells up in my chest. I wouldn't be surprised if steam was coming out of my ears right now.

"Smooth move, Iruma-boy!" a familiar voice chimes in from below.

I look down at my right arm and see Ali standing on the back of my hand, staring at me with a sly look in his singular eye.

"Huh? Oh, it's you Ali...what do you mean by 'smooth move'?" I ask.

"You've finally gotten your girl to confess to you! ~Congratulations~!" Ali cheers as he flies right in front of my face.

"Th-that wasn't a confession! Sh-she j-just wanted me to stay by her s-side...as a f-friend!" I sputter out, once again most likely blushing like an idiot since my face feels just as hot as it did a moment ago, if not even worse. But, I quickly calm and reassure myself internally, knowing that he's most likely just teasing me.

Yes...there's no way Ameri meant what she said in a romantic way...she's (normally) bold enough that she would've said something before if she had feelings for me.

"Hehe...if you say so, kiddo, but from what I saw and heard back there, I don't see it that way." Ali chirps back, nudging my shoulder with his elbow as he floats to my side.

"...is that the only reason you popped out?"

"Oh, no, not at all, I have some information for you about that ~nasty~ spell that's affecting Miss Azazel," Ali says, floating back over to just in front of my face, but this time not getting as close.

"Information? I thought you couldn't do anything about it." I reply, a little confused that he has more to say after telling me that he can't do anything about the spell before.