Extra 4: Forgotten Lullaby

"Isabella, what will you do if you get out of this Orphanage?" 

It was a simple question that came out from a boy who holds a mandolin in his hands. 

"Do you have any particular dream?"

"A dream?" The young Isabella asked. The girl tilted her head as she grinned at the young lad. " Fufufu, I don't have one yet, but I'll be glad if you travel the world with me as a musician and play your tune to every place that we will visit."

The young lad blushed as he averted his eyes from the girl. He unconsciously hid his face behind the mandolin in his hand.

"That's not counted, your dream is a dream for me," The boy mumbled. "B-besides, I feel embarrassed when I play my own tune to other people."

"E-especially the recent one that I created... I only want you to hear it."

The young Isabella giggled when she saw the shy reaction from her childhood friend.

Teasing Leslie is one of her favorite hobbies.

It was astonishing how his face blushes when he is flustered with her jokes or whenever she surprises him. 

"What's wrong with my dream? Was it wrong if I wanted to travel with you?" Isabella playfully sighed. 

"That's not counted..."

Isabella giggled while looking at the boy named Leslie.

 "Fufufu, Okay fine, I'll tell you," She said. "I wanted to become a great Mom when I grow up, but first, I'll be a great teacher!" Isabella exclaimed.

"A Mom..." The lad mumbled.

Isabella noticed a flash of unfamiliar expression on her friend's face. Confusion appeared on her innocent face as she stared at Leslie's light blue eyes.

"Why? Is there something wrong with that? Everybody becomes a parent when they grow up, aren't they?" Isabella told to Leslie. " I read it from a book. Fufufu, don't tell me Leslie didn't know that?"

The young lad stared at Isabella with a flustered face.

"O-of course I know it," Leslie mumbled in a shy tone. "But we are talking about a dream... So your dream is to become a teacher... O-of course, Isabella will be a great teacher. Make sure to become a great teacher okay?"

"That's what I'm planning to do anyway," Isabella answered with a grin. "How about you, Leslie? What will you do when you get out of the Orphanage? Are you not going to pursue music? Your compositions are great you know..."

Leslie became silent when he heard that question.

His gaze went down as a calm smile appeared on his lips.

"I want to find my sis--..." Leslie mumbled but he suddenly stopped halfway. The boy shook his head as he held his mandolin tightly. "If I'm not weak enough to go out, then maybe I will travel with you."

"Hey! That's one of my dreams, I always knew that you actually wanted to become a musician!" Isabella giggled. "But don't talk like that, it's not like we're not going to see each other."

"Besides, Leslie might be shy, but you're not weak."

Leslie glanced at Isabella who has the brightest smile on her face. His light blue orbs became softer as he stared at the girl.

If everything was only like that.

If only I wasn't too weak to survive.

"Then..." Leslie mumbled as he held his mandolin tightly. "If that's the case, once we met again, I will tell you the title of the melody that I played for you last time and I will also sing you the lyrics as well."