Chapter 7: Funny Seeing You Here!

"Hey, ask the ladies. Don't ask me." He snickered.

"Gosh you're so full of your self!" I said as he received a light punch to his arm.

"Oh come on! You know you like it." He smirked.
I rolled my eyes as I gave in a smile, "quick question, why do you talk to other girls if you're with Jessica?"

"Oh, it's just fun having everyone around my finger. She'll probably break up with me if she finds out I've been texting Madison, which will probably happen soon knowing word goes around pretty quick here."

"You're texting Madison too? Damn, how many girls are you texting?"

"I feel like I have the whole school in my DMs." He laughed.
I facepalmed, "I guess I do too, but I don't text any of them back."

He laughed, "You should just play them already! It's senior year, and they most likely wouldn't text you back."

"Nah, I wouldn't do it still. But uh.. asking for a friend here, so you don't take relationships seriously?"

"Well I guess it depends on the person, and if it was a girl that I was beginning to love my dumbass would still mess it all up for popularity." He laughed aloud.

"But, why? Like what if there's a girl who genuinely wanted to be with you and would care for you, you'd just leave her?"

"Yeah? Must suck to be them." He looked at me not giving a damn about breaking any girls heart.
The bell chimed, "wow, you're cruel." He shrugged not affected by any persons' true feelings, I looked at him retreating my memories of us in 8th grade, fantasizing together about our future families in the halls. Hoping one day someone would love us and care for us, I still wish for that, now it seems he's taking advantage of how literally everyone is attracted to him.

We walked to homeroom together, right as we made it in the tardy bell rang. The teacher looked at us and clicked her tongue, as if she was waiting to mark us tardy, "take a seat." She said sternly.
As I made my way down to my seat in the back of the class I saw Isaiah throw a paper ball at Thomas, "my bad, I just missed the trashcan." Some people around us laughed and I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile as I looked at him laughing with Asher.
I huffed, why am I friends with this douche? And, why is he friends with me?
These words that accidentally slipped into my thoughts, had me thinking for the rest of the day, and all I wanted to do was ask Isaiah why is he friends with me? Is it because I'm popular? Or because we've been friends since middle school? I wasn't even sure anymore, but it was bugging me that there was a possibility my friendship with Isaiah may not be real to him.
-
It was lunchtime now, and as I was walking to the table Isaiah and I usually sit at, I saw him talking with Madison. I wasn't entirely bothered.
It's not like he's replacing me or anything. He would never.
Not wanting to really bother him, I walked to my next option which was  with Jessica, but she was busy too. She was hanging out with other girls that I never really knew. I didn't wanna be lonely during lunch, not that I ever really cared about what others think, but I guess since I have a reputation I can't ruin it, especially for Isaiah.
I didn't really have any where else to go, so I just made my way outside to where Thomas was. "Hi!" I beamed a smile. Fear was struck into him, I giggled awkwardly feeling bad, wow, that's twice already.
-
We shared the bench, and talked to each other. But while doing that I managed to slip out my mom and I argue and fight a lot.
"Oh, I'm sorry..!" He said, I looked down and held my arm, feeling like I shouldn't have said that.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked politely, putting his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and felt slightly flustered, "I-I-" He stared deeply in my eyes, and I was at lost for words. Thankfully I was saved by his friends, Micheal and Toast. I never knew why they called Jeremy Toast, but I heard that's what he's known for now.
-
We sat there together for a few minutes chatting, I really enjoyed the conversation with them, and they all made me laugh, all their personalities were just so bubbly and fun.