60

Daniella's mood was sour since her fight with Max at the opening party and since then they haven't talked to each other. Both hoping that the other one will come to apologize but it's been more than a day and neither apologized.

Her mood was cheered up the previous day before free practice when she saw Daniel and Lando wearing McLaren crop tops and walking around the paddock very confidently. She couldn't help but burst into a fit of laughter, making Lando's face turn red in embarrassment.

And the other reason was that Mercedes improved their car a little bit and she was enjoying the pace during free practice and now really hoping for a good qualifying session.

"Get rid of the grumpy face," Myra said to Daniella as they both walked through the paddock. "There are cameras around..."

Daniella shot Myra a fake smile, making the PR manager roll her eyes.

"I hate this race weekend... too many cameras and PR work," She complained.

"Is there anything you don't hate?" Myra asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, racing," Daniella replied.

Her fake smile soon faded when she noticed who else was also at the paddock, right outside the Red Bull hospitality.

Kelly spotted Daniella and smirked at her but it turned into a smile when Max came out of the hospitality.

Daniella didn't linger and went straight to the Mercedes center, feeling nothing but anger.

***

Daniella was suited up and was ready to hop in the car as the qualifying session was only minutes away, only left was to wear her helmet as she went over some important points with her engineers.

"... And that's it. Good luck," Nate smiled before going over to Toto.

"There you go," Myra handed Daniella her helmet.

"Wish me luck," Daniella chuckled as she pulled her hair back.

"You don't need luck," Myra helped her with the hair.

Daniella was about to put on her helmet when her eyes fell on the tv screen in front of her, the camera was broadcasting the garages. It showed Daniella before going over to the Red Bull garage.

Max appeared on the screen and Daniella was about to smile a bit but stopped when Kelly appeared as well, pulling Max into a kiss. He did look surprised.

Daniella quickly looked away and put on her helmet so the look of rage could be covered. She let out a deep breath to clear her mind after she hopped in the car.

The anger was still there but she decided to push the thought of Max and what she just saw in the back of her head as she was signaled to go out on the track.

***

"We are through Q2 Dani," Nate said to her. "Come back to the garage."

Daniella gave a short response and went back to the pit lane and the mechanics pushed her car back into the garage.

Toto came over, looking happy.

"That's some aggressive driving Dani," Toto smiled as he looked down at her, resting his hand on the halo.

"Do you want me to tone it down?" Daniella sarcastically asked, a smirk playing on her lips under the helmet.

"No, no," Toto shook his head. "I was going to say keep it up... but please don't crash and try to not make any mistake that might cause us to get a penalty."

***

The commentators talked about Daniella and how aggressively she is driving but has yet to make a mistake. Daniella's main goal was to qualify ahead of Max.

"Something is wrong with the car," Max complained as he felt the pace disorienting slightly.

"Copy, we are checking," His engineer said.

Not even seconds later Daniella passed him and disappeared around the next corner, setting the fastest lap.

***

"First pole of the season, Dani," Nate cheered and so did everyone in the garage.

"Let's go guys," Daniella laughed, feeling much better than she did before the qualifying session.

"Amazing job Dani," Toto came on the radio. "You got pole and Lewis will start from P6."

"Let's get them tomorrow," She smiled under her helmet.

"Hey, what about the Ferraris?" She asked.

"They will start second and third, there were some issues with Max's car so he will start P4," Nate informed her.

Daniella didn't reply but smiled as she parked her car and soon both the Ferraris joined her.

She got out of the car and Charles immediately came over and hugged her. They congratulated each other before Carlos came over.

He was about to hug Daniella but she subtly stepped back and just extended her hand for a handshake.

"Well done Daniella," Carlos smiled as he shook her hand.

"You too," She smiled back. "Just don't spin around tomorrow."

Carlos laughed. He was about to say something else but Daniella moved on for the interview.

Max was not happy with his qualifying session. He felt like he should have been in the top two at least but the car issue prevented him from that. He was shocked when he found out Daniella got pole, he thought with the issues with Mercedes this year would only get them as far as the third or second row but Daniella proved him wrong.

He watched as his girlfriend stood between Charles and Carlos to take photos, he can't help but feel jealous for more than one reason.

Daniella's eyes locked with Max as she made her way to the garage. She could see the frustration in his eyes. Normally she would have tried to comfort him and make him feel better but not today, not after she saw the kiss on live television.

Max clenched his jaw and Daniella walked towards him, now only a few steps away.

"Dani..." He reluctantly said her name but she cut him off.

"I see the good luck kiss from Kelly worked as a real charm for you," Her voice came out as cold as ever as she shot him a tight fake smile.

Max's eyes went wide and his throat immediately felt dried as her words hit him, realizing she saw his ex kiss him. He felt his heart skip a beat as Daniella walked past him, not throwing him another glance.

**********

A/N: Two chapters in one day😁

 Thoughts on this chapter?

 Dani got pole position but how do you think the race will go for her?

 Thought on the issues Dani and Max are facing?