ep : 6

Six Days Later

"Mane move." Kentrell chuckled, listening to Xalani laugh from behind him.

"That's ugly." She pointed to what he was drawing, using her words to actually talk to him. She'd made good progress in the last few days. She didn't say super long sentences, mostly just quick phrases.

"Yo mama." He said, before his eyes widened, laughing once she punched his shoulder.

"That's why I don't like you now. Move." She chuckled, grabbing his arms once they wrapped around her.

"On god I ain't mean to say that. You can say my granny ugly if you wan'. Or my mama, that bitch real ugly." He told her, and she laughed, rolling her eyes.

"That doesn't count because you hate your mom." She looked up at him, and he shrugged, letting her go to grab his phone that buzzed in his pocket.

"Ten more minutes and we'll be presenting!" Ariana, the host of the group therapy called out.

"What happened?" Xalani signed with her hands, seeing Kentrell silence an alarm before grabbing his black Louis Vuitton backpack.

"Gotta take my medicine." He told her, and she looked in his bag with him seeing a few different pill bottles, some jewelry, weed, and stacks of cash.

"What do you take?" She curiously asked, watching him pull out an orange bottle.

"Oxys." He told her, holding the bottle out to her, and she hesitated, before reaching in and taking three.

"You be getting as high as me." He chuckled, tossing four of them back without water.

"I get higher than you." She signed with her hands, taking a swig of her Gatorade, sitting back in her seat, and he sat next to her.

"Lying ass. You was prescribed these too?" He asked, referring to his OxyContin pills. He was only supposed to take one everyday, but he took way more than that.

"Yeah. For my migraines." She told him, and he nodded because he had them for the same reason.

"We just depressed as hell. That shit crazy." He shook his head, smiling once she laughed.

"I'm not depressed. Yo mama depressed." Her nails clicked as she signed to him, laughing again once he mushed her head.

"She was when she had me as her son. Ain't even gone hold you." He shrugged, and she smiled, shaking her head at him.

"I'm ready to go. I'm hungry." She mumbled, resting her arm on the table, and then her head in the palm of it.

After taking those opioids, Xalani ready to go home to smoke and eat. She'd been at therapy for the last hour, along with Kentrell. First they talked about different childhood experiences and how it related to how they acted in adulthood, now they were drawing whatever they were feeling at the moment.

"Come on. Let's ditch." He nodded towards the door, and she chuckled.

"You're not in high school. Talkin' 'bout ditching. Old ass boy." She waved him off, and he smacked his lips, making her laugh.

"You right. I gotta stay away from yo young ass." He mushed her head, pretending to stand up, and she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck to stop him.

"Sorry best friend. At least I'm legal." She stuck her tongue out, and he chuckled, standing up with her.

"Come on. We can go get some food and I'll take you home after." He looked down at her, his hand resting on the nape of her back.

She turned her head seeing Ariana occupied with two other people, before looking back at him and nodding.

"Okay, come on. Hurry." She grabbed his hand, and he smiled, grabbing his backpack, quietly sneaking out of the room with her.