Chapter seven ⁷ | Party

Milo took his time getting ready for school today as his sister was feeding the cats downstairs for breakfast this time

Milo took his time getting ready for school today as his sister was feeding the cats downstairs for breakfast this time. Brushing his teeth while avoiding looking in the mirror, he just didn't like looking at himself, he didn't feel the need to have to watch himself brush his teeth.

Patting his way back to his bedroom barefoot after finishing washing out his mouth, Milk followed behind him as she had already finished her breakfast and favoured being around Milo the most in the house.

Milo was running on time so he decided he'd leave now and enjoy a slow walk to school and listen to his music. Once he'd finished getting changed he made his way down the stairs, Milk following him down. His sister passes by giving him a look as if not to go down but Milo had not been paying attention enough as he went past.

Going to the kitchen island and grabbing his school bag off the stool.

"Milo. Good morning." Milo's father's voice suddenly rang out causing Milo's hand to freeze and turning to his left to see if his father was really there.

His father was in the dining room tying his tie, blazer hanging from one of the dining room table chairs. He looked over at Milo with an awkward smile.

"You're still at home." Milo spoke back pointing out the obvious, also looking unsure of what his father was still doing here, he should already be at work.

"Yeah I'm about to leave now, my first meeting got cancelled suddenly this morning." His father explained while putting on his suit blazer. Milo only nodded at this.

"Are you heading to school now? Want me to drive you?" His father asked, hoping Milo would agree.

"No thanks I prefer walking beside I'll be too early if you drop me off it's only a five minute walk to school." Milo disagreed with the idea.

"Right, well have a good day at school Milo." His father, slightly disappointed, wished before moving to leave the house, Milo not saying anything in return.

Milo watched silently until the door closed, his sister walking back down the stairs after hearing the door close meaning their dad was gone.

"Look at him acting like a father now and like nothing happened." She scoffed before moving past Milo ruffling his hair as she went.

"Yeah..." Milo replied, still staring at the door with a frown.

• • • • • • •

Nick was sitting at his usual spot at the beginning of the day at the edge of the picnic table outside the school gates, though spaced out thinking about the weekend and last night.

"Nicholasss." Harry greeted Nick, patting his shoulder a bit before sitting on the edge of the picnic table as well. It sounded weird hearing his full first name from Harry.

"All right?" Nick asked, shaking away his thoughts as he looked over at Harry.

"How's it?" Harry asked right back with a smile as if he knew something.